Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: insurance company wont insure with outdoor boiler  (Read 7547 times)

ugenetoo

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
    • maine truck racks
insurance company wont insure with outdoor boiler
« on: June 20, 2008, 07:06:54 PM »

called my insurance company (one beacon) to get the minimum distance they wanted an owb located from any buildings and they said that they would not insure the home for anything associated or caused by the owb no matter where it was located. will be looking for a new carrier. any one else check on this or have a problem? ???
steve
steve

PhinPhan

• OWF Brand: WoodMaster
  • OWF Model: 4400
    • View Profile
    • Outdoor Wood Furnace Info
Re: insurance company wont insure with outdoor boiler
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 06:20:26 AM »

I called my home owners insurance company (State Farm) and they asked me how far away it would be I told them about 40 feet and they said that would be fine and there would be no problems.
Pomeroy, OH
WoodMaster 4400

Scrapper

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 07:11:08 PM »

I'm going to buy the 165 Shaver OWB, and called my Allstate rep today. All he cared about was the distance from the house and the propane tank and that was 10 feet from both. Then called the propane company to see what distance from the tank they wanted, and they said 10 feet also. Good luck.

overrunwithsons

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 08:28:34 AM »

When I called Mine (Erie Insurance) the Rep had no idea what I was talking about, never seen or heard of a Outdoor Boiler Furnace, he did say once installed, they would have to come and look at it, but would be fine 50 ft away from the house.