Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Husqvarna warranty  (Read 2044 times)

Bluegrass Wood Burner

• OWF Brand: Ozzark Biomass
  • OWF Model: Gasconade 500 gallon
    • View Profile
Husqvarna warranty
« on: January 12, 2016, 06:37:18 AM »

My kids and grandkids all pitched in and bought me the 460 rancher for Christmas. I'm wandering how I go about getting my warranty. It just arrived at my house by FedEx one day. I understand that Husqvarna has very good warranty. Any of you guys know how I get this set up? Also any of you who own this particular model tell me dos and dont's and features about the saw. I cranked it and it runs very good. Came with the 20 inch bar. I've been cutting all my wood with a Stihl ms270 up until I got this one. Sold my Stihl when I got it. Wandering how the two compare. I've got couple years worth of wood stacked and covered so I'm not cutting right now.
South central Kentucky
Ford F-150
16 ft tandem trailer
3000# winch
Husqvarna 142
Husqvarna 460 rancher
6ft spud bar
Poulan 3314
22 ton lowes splitter
Timberline sharpener
"Worn out body"

Cabo

• OWF Brand: P & M
  • OWF Model: Optimizer 250
    • View Profile
Re: Husqvarna warranty
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 03:59:55 PM »

Should be able to register it online at Husky.  Not sure about the new 460.  I have several older Ranchers that we use for building log homes.  They have been very dependable over the years.  Typically use a 371 or 372 for tree/log work.  Actually used a new 562 XP auto tune in the woods today.  It seems very "hyper".  Turns a lot of RPM's but doesn't have the grunt of the 372. Still a nice saw with a little less weight.

hoardac

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster G-200
  • OWF Model: Formerly Wooddoctor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 07:52:11 PM »

I prefer it over my stihl. I think the stihl has a little more power but the husky seems to run and handle smoother.

Bluegrass Wood Burner

• OWF Brand: Ozzark Biomass
  • OWF Model: Gasconade 500 gallon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 09:19:37 PM »

I've cut a lot of wood the last year with my Stihl 270, around 30 cords. I'm looking forward to the 20 inch bar and chain on my new husky, and the 60cc engine. My new saw seems to be about the same weight. I hope it's as easy on gas as the Stihl was. It seemed I cut a lot of wood on a gallon with it.
South central Kentucky
Ford F-150
16 ft tandem trailer
3000# winch
Husqvarna 142
Husqvarna 460 rancher
6ft spud bar
Poulan 3314
22 ton lowes splitter
Timberline sharpener
"Worn out body"