Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: New guy - a question  (Read 3966 times)

donahuej

• OWF Brand: American Royal
  • OWF Model: 7300
    • View Profile
New guy - a question
« on: March 31, 2011, 05:33:31 AM »

Any feedback suggestions on American Royal Stoves?  I was able to pick one up at a close out price , brand new, for under 4k....I have the pad poured and the unit set.  Seeing if anyone has any experience with this brand and model 7400.  This is a great site and I'm reading all I can - learning a ton - I appreciate it.

Thanks for the help,

Jamie Donahue
jamiedonahue@comcast.net

Bull

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: Rebuilt H2
    • View Profile
Re: New guy - a question
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 06:36:54 AM »

Sorry I can't help you but I am sure someone here can give you some feedback, welcome to the site
Southern Indiana
Just outside of the "Small Town"

donahuej

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 05:49:10 PM »

Here are a few more questions I have:

1- Where is everone getting the urecon, logsto, pex-flex and or therompex from these days.  No local dealer here in NJ looking for some recomendations and rough prices.

2- My boiler is 65 feet from my crawl space and another 85 feet to my DHW and my first air handler - Do I need to run the expensive underground insulated pex to the DHW?  Or can I come in an insulate regular pex myself?  Any opinions experience?

Thanks again great site - can't wait to be heatin up xowm H2O!

dirtryder

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 08:18:32 AM »

1.  http://www.freeheat4u.com/page/page/1077807.htm   I bought pex, pumps, Hx's from them

2.  I ran isulated underground and regular pex with foam insulation inside house. All O2 barrier

Heating with wood is great. I have saved 11k in propane since 2008  :thumbup:

btw, I replied to your "other" post too  ;D
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 08:49:53 AM by dirtryder »

oldchenowth

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 06:23:57 PM »

I don't know anything about the brand in question, but I bought my insulated pex from the same place I got my furnace.  There are no dealers in MI for my brand, so I had mine trucked.  $9.50 /ft + $100 or $150 shipping.  I only did insulated from the stove to just inside the house, 65 ft.  There are two sizes of insul pex.  GET THE 27mm not the 32mm.  27 mm = pex at the big box stores.  I went big, fittings to reduce were like $35 each.  1" pex all thru the house, 100 ft was less than $100.  Hope some of this helps.

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 07:51:46 PM »

Here are a few more questions I have:

1- Where is everone getting the urecon, logsto, pex-flex and or therompex from these days.  No local dealer here in NJ looking for some recomendations and rough prices.

2- My boiler is 65 feet from my crawl space and another 85 feet to my DHW and my first air handler - Do I need to run the expensive underground insulated pex to the DHW?  Or can I come in an insulate regular pex myself?  Any opinions experience?

Thanks again great site - can't wait to be heatin up xowm H2O!

Is there 85' of crawl space? What is the normal temperature of your crawl space? If it is pretty much the same as outdoor temperature then you probably want to just run the insulated pex all the way. If it is warmer and most of the heat loss from the pipes would go into the house then just putting pipe insulation over the pex lines should be good.

donahuej

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 07:46:51 AM »

Thanks guys. 

Crawl space is insulated and considerably warmer than outside..

I went with Thermopex from a CB dealer in town I didn't even know about!  11 bucks a foot.  Going copper 1" thru the crawl and up to the domestic loop.  I have a friend who does commerical HVAC and has the crimping tool for coppper.   Any comments on using copper, other than cost? I plan to hang it in the crawl aqnd insulate the hell out of it.

bruey

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 06:14:03 PM »

or, you could insolate below the copper and heat your floor,  i did not insolate the pipe inside my house yet and when it gets above 50 you cant sleep in the downstairs. the heat will really come off those pipes, i would use fiberglass pipe insolation and wrap it thick then wrap plastic around it to make it as air tight as possible.
Newrichmond, Ohio