Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: What do you think?  (Read 1874 times)

donahuej

• OWF Brand: American Royal
  • OWF Model: 7300
    • View Profile
What do you think?
« on: April 08, 2011, 02:04:39 PM »

I'm hot and heavy into the install now.  Got my thermopex and am lighter 1k but hopefully it pays off in less wood :thumbup:..Here is the question please let me have it - I need your opinions:

1 story rancher with crawl - have my boiler lines in and connected to my 1" copper trunk in the crawl - now I'm using a plate exchanger on the demand domestic hot water first and then on two two water to air exchangers.  Is there any good reason to bring the plate exchanger up into the washroom with the water tank?  Can I just plumb everything in the crawl?  If the answer is yes I have go up and then back down to catch the water to air exchangers in the ducks (I plan to pull them in the summer when calling for air restriction and freezing) Thoughts?

Thanks a ton,

Jamie

PS for bleeding air from the system - I thought to extend a air bleeder off of a T to the plate exchanger above the water heater.  On line not elbows valves and all.

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
Re: What do you think?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 09:07:13 PM »

You will want to plumb it with the least amount of elbows possible in the boiler loop. (less head pressure / more water flow) That usually means running the domestic water to the heat exchanger instead of the other way around.