Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: fixed aquastat...........help  (Read 1655 times)

tater_51

• OWF Brand: Classic Boiler
  • OWF Model: Hydro-fire F-48
    • View Profile
fixed aquastat...........help
« on: July 28, 2013, 09:00:18 AM »

I had a real meltdown of my woodstove recently.  I have a Classic Hydro-fire that's about 10 years old.  While we we gone it developed a leak at one of the flange valves.  The water emptied out of the box.  Before I could get the box emptied of wood the fire took off, creosole, and the unit overheated.  It got hot enough to ignite some of the insulation.  To say it was a mess is an understatement.  So I'm at the point of having removed all the insulation for respray, have rewired.  My question concerns the aquastat.  It's a fixed 180 degree and I think it probably got fried.  When I connect the leads to the aquastat I get power to both the leads that connect to the door actuator (sp).  The door flap stays closed and should open.  Could the aquastat have shorted??  Should I have power to both wires at the door?  Maybe I wired it wrong?  Any help would be appreciated, it was a very stressful couple of days.  Thanks, Tater   

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
Re: fixed aquastat...........help
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 12:02:09 PM »

I would start with the owners manual as it should have a wiring schematic for your particular boiler and if that does not work contact your dealer as he has access to all of that information and we would be just guessing.
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.