Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: ordered mine  (Read 6968 times)

dclark

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Re: ordered mine
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2011, 10:37:49 PM »

All this has is a blower on the back that goes through to the ash pit, above that is a quarter inch piece of sheet metal with an opening up front by the door, about16 by 16 inches roughly. The fire area is around 36 by 36 inches, 36 deep for sure and the only opening for air to acces the fire is the opening up front.The chimney sticks down in the burn area about maybe 16 inches which the burn area is about 30 something inches high maybe. Theres a solenoid on the blower in the back that opens when the blower kicks on when it call for more air, it runs constantly, never reaches the programmed temp of 170.
 I really dont see how air will find its way from the back of the stove beneath the burn area up to the front of the stove, find the 16 inch opening, go up and backtrack back to the fire and have enough force to fan the fire to get it going enough to generate enough heat to warm up a half inch thick boiler plate and have enough heat to then start to boil water to 170 degrees. My guess is theres not enough air, and with the chimney sticking down half the height of the stove burn area  maybe the fire chokes out from smoke. I just got in from rebulding it again, it's 11 30 pm,I went through this all last winter and it looks like i'm starting it again, i 've used seasoned wood, fresh cut wood, small, big, kindling, anything thatd burn, I've had it packed but this will not generate heat. I'm just looking for someone who owns one of these that can give me some advice on this or a dealer who felt this was a good enough product over all the others to sell

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2011, 08:59:13 AM »

Can you take pics of your set up?  Seems different than what I've seen.

The thick fire box really adds to this problem, it takes about 25-27% more wood to produce the same amount of heat through a 1/2" box as it does a 1/4" box, of course they don't tell you that part.
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

6pacmac

• OWF Brand: Ridgewood
  • OWF Model: 6000
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2011, 05:44:31 AM »

Definitely sounds like an air issue.  We looked at these and almost bought one.  Does yours have the adjustable teardrop air inlet under the blower motor?  The new ones do and are manually adjustable.
Ridgewood 6000

ohiomatt

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Earth
  • OWF Model: Woodsman 405
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2012, 09:38:13 PM »

I got the woodsman 405 set up in late october and it has been burning ever since. Haven't had any issues other than the flap on the blower has got stuck a couple of times, and am still waiting for results from my water test. Of course though my blower is on the loading door, sounds like yours is different. I fill it before I go to work in the morning and then before I go to bed and it has worked great. They set mine up at 160 and fan comes on at 155.

candyman

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: earth outdoor wood furnace
  • OWF Model: mountain man 505
    • View Profile
finally came in.....
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2012, 07:00:22 AM »

my mountain man  505  came in, put it in the barn for now. boy that unit is heavy had to put 7' back blade & two big logs on the back to hold down the tractor { kubota  mx5100].

i`ll try to post pix tonite. not sure how to do it.

cm
http.www.earthwoodfurnace.com/
Mountain man 505

dealer for earth outdoor wood furnaces
Ohio

bajonesy77

• OWF Brand: Prosteel
  • OWF Model: 200
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2012, 04:42:30 PM »

The stove with the blower on the back sounds like a shaver not like the earths Ive looked at, but maybe thats how they made them in 09. Still shavers work good with the rear blower under the ash pan, I have a friend with one. Got to be something simple, you sure the blower is moving air inside the fire box? will it burn if you leave the door cracked ?
Brave 22 ton splitter
Stihl 440 magnum 20" bar
Stihl 390 20" bar
McCullough timber bear 20" bar

bajonesy77

• OWF Brand: Prosteel
  • OWF Model: 200
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2012, 02:08:14 PM »

I watched the earth video and in it I saw a stove with the blower in the rear! oops!   Sounds like what you need is grating in the bottom for the ash to fall thru into the ash pan and let the air hit the coals, not the sheet metal you have. ??
Brave 22 ton splitter
Stihl 440 magnum 20" bar
Stihl 390 20" bar
McCullough timber bear 20" bar
Pages: 1 [2]