Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: inverse flanges?  (Read 1736 times)

muffin

• View Profile
inverse flanges?
« on: January 15, 2013, 07:36:32 AM »

Does anyone sell the pump side of the flange?  I was interested in making a "pump" bypass.  So I could pull a pump and insert a piece of pipe basically.  So I would need the pump side of the flanges with the groove and o-ring.  Either threaded or barbed on the other side.  Does this exist?

-Bret

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
Re: inverse flanges?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 07:41:25 AM »

not sure if they exist muffin but i think you cold jsut use the flat side flange and make your own gasket from a good quality rubber. these systems run at 0 (or very little) pressure. the grooved flange on teh pump side i think is just a conveinience when you put the pump in that the gasket does not fall out. I have made the gasket outof rubber before, i jsut make it the same size as the whole flange so the gasket fits over the bolts (that holds it in place while you mount theother flange)
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

Bondo

• OWF Brand: Home built
  • OWF Model: Bondo-built, Model #1
  • Master General Re-Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 09:06:04 AM »

Ayuh,....  That's all there is to it,...   Use 2 flanges, 'n a flat gasket, No problem...
Any Grease is Better than No grease at All

Watertown, 'n Chaumont Bay, Ny.

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 09:49:48 AM »

Just use the universal flat gaskets like mentioned above. I have done it before with the round gaskets, you just need to hold it in place till you get the flanges together.
If you have enough slack in the pipe you can skip the adapter and just bolt what you have together.