Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Electronics/Thermostats  (Read 1708 times)

nsflatlander

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Electronics/Thermostats
« on: September 17, 2013, 11:18:18 AM »

I want to thank you all again all your advice. Again to remind, I'm the Nova Scotia, Canada guy here that was asking questions about Empyres. I've decided on the Empyre Deluxe 250 and will be getting it installed in the next few weeks or so.

I'm going to ask the dealer about this, but I wanted your opinions as well if you don't mind. I'm wondering if there might be "electronics" upgrades that I could be looking at to improve the efficiency of my system. Such as more intelligent thermostats, controllers, etc. I've heard of units that monitor outdoor temperature, barometric pressure, etc., and adjust temp ahead of expected temperature drops or rises. Considering the cost of getting this system installed, I feel like this might be the time to spend a bit more on things if they help tweak my heating system. Thanks for any suggestions.

Scott

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
Re: Electronics/Thermostats
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 03:17:45 PM »

I wouldn't mess with any of that stuff.  Your boiler has to be operated at a certain temp range and all of that anyway, don't see how any of that could benefit it
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697