Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: New Topic Page  (Read 6990 times)

jerkash

• OWF Brand: Legend
    • View Profile
New Topic Page
« on: February 19, 2014, 04:59:56 PM »

We need a new topic page - "Getting ready to buy a OWF"  Seems almost daily somebody is wanting info on OWF's.  If they could all be under one topic, everybody wouldn't have to repeat themselves on each Thread :thumbup:

CountryBoyJohn

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: MF 10,000 E
    • View Profile
Re: New Topic Page
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 06:53:36 AM »

I agree in principle.  I think the bigger problem is these newbies not taking 10 minutes to read through the threads before making that post!  Not to run off newbies, this is a great place for newbies.  But, I have seen some GREAT examples of newbies who have done their homework before making their first post.  They have a specific list of questions that can be addressed in orderly fashion.  "Looking for an OWB, which one should I buy" just screams "just logged on and wanted to post!"  I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking this!
2013 F250 6.2L Lariat
Stihl MS290
DHT 27 Ton Log Splitter
Woodchuck Log Jack
56, 57, 58 Ferguson TO-35
Knox County, IN

jtepn87

• OWF Brand: Aqua-Therm
  • OWF Model: 140
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 05:54:55 PM »

As a newbie myself, even I can say that the thread list of "Looking for an OWB" does get old. There are times when you have similar threads, on the same page. I have started several "generic" threads, trying to get general info on certain products. Mostly just user experience. Something that needs to be start is a thread, comparing mild steel vs stainless, forced draft vs natural draft and so forth.  I know that when the looking for an owb threads are started everyone tells them to decide based on those criteria. Mine and possibly many peoples problem is that either we don't know what would work best for us, or we just flat don't care as long as we stay warm during the  winter.

duke

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: MF5000
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 05:37:44 AM »

Other forums I follow have "stickies"at the top of thread that covers common questions. Something like that may work for these questions that are asked all the time.
06 Duramax
08 Polaris Ranger XP
MS 310
28 ton Swisher

jtepn87

• OWF Brand: Aqua-Therm
  • OWF Model: 140
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 08:47:32 PM »

:post:       closest thing we have to a "like" button