Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hardy Update  (Read 9197 times)

D2082

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: H25
    • View Profile
Re: Hardy Update
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2015, 02:59:27 PM »

I'll have to hit Migs up next time.  I'm in SW VA near TN on I81.  I went and checked out my stove today at my dealers house.  Looks good and am anxious to get it setup and burning.  Do you keep yours burning year-round?  Also, do you keep your water heater running or just let the water from the furnace feed it and have the heater shut off?   Also what kind of insulated pipe do you have going from the stove to the house?

JOWEN

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: H5
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2015, 06:32:22 PM »

I installed mine in September I will probably run her until March. I have two pexalpex lines each one is inside the 10' sticks of pipe insulation and then both of them are inside pvc pipe. I installed a water to water hxc that is in front of the water going in to the hot water heater and I built a bypass around this. The water is hot enough that the tstat in the tank is satisfied and stays closed.I don't know how much heat loss I have I need to get some temp gauged installed and check it out.
stihl ms291
stihl ms391
Kubota M9000
Kubota M4800
Case 850C
Silverado 1500
Silverado 2500
1860 Federal Style Farm House
Newberry SC

woodywoodchucker

• OWF Brand: cental boiler
  • OWF Model: classic 5036
  • what do I look like, an idiot?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2015, 04:09:28 PM »

D2082 cograts on your hardy. First off let me start off by saying my house has a lot of heat loss. My power bills were the main reason why I bought the hardy. Before the hardy I used around 100 kwatt hours a day. Now I use 35 to 40 kwatts a day. My electric bill has been no more than 125 bucks. I have burned thru around 4 chords of wood. I live in the middle of SC so its not that cold here. I wouldn't make it north of the Mason Dixon line. I don't mind cutting wood but I do have a lot of projects on the farm and with this old house so I'm going to try to get a head of the wood this summer. I would not change a thing if I had to do it over again. Best 8 grand I ever spent.
I did the install my self the hardest part was wiring the heat pump up to a new t stat and taking the fan control wiring and isolating the heat pump wiring. I went out and bought a basic 24 vac relay and wired it just like hardy says and it worked great. The folks on here will help you as well. I used alpex with the pipe insulation inside a 4 inch corrugated pipe. I don't know how great that is its hard to get my heat loss readings on that alpex. I want to get some temp gauges on there and see what that looks like
Um you burnt 4 cord and its only january? And thats good in S.C.?Im in Maine and burnt 8 cord all year and it was a long winter. Better get cutting.
Pages: 1 [2]