Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Heatmaster MF5000... Just sprung a leak  (Read 11734 times)

FF119

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Soon!
  • OWF Model: none
    • View Profile
Re: Heatmaster MF5000... Just sprung a leak
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2015, 06:46:03 AM »

It's been 24 hours.. Since I noticed the leak... At that time I filled the boiler back up.. To the full float level.. Now a day later I'm at the half way mark.. I have pulled out the ash pan.. Water seems to be collecting in the back left hand side of the ash pan channel.. On my way in to talk to my dealer this afternoon

Well any news!!!!!????  :o I'm looking at possibly getting the 5000e. Would like to know what you found as the problem!

Sluggo

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster SS
  • OWF Model: 20,000e
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2015, 07:24:56 AM »

FF119 as long as your square footage pencils out you will be very happy with with a Heatmaster.  You have to remember it's only the rare bad stories you hear about here,rarely the good ones!  Seeing your a Buckeye fan I would rather you just froze tho!  GO BADGERS!
Stihl 441
Stihl 660
Stihl 029 Farm Boss
Bobcat T190
Grapple
Farmi 501 Winch
2015 3500 Crew Cab HIGH COUNTRY Duramax

FF119

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Soon!
  • OWF Model: none
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2015, 07:47:12 AM »

:thumbup:

wissel12

• OWF Brand: Ridgewood
  • OWF Model: 7500
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2015, 01:58:59 PM »

Hey Stratton.  How do you like your DS boiler. When I bought my inside wood stove the dealer dealt in DS also. I like all there products they made, but never owned one.
03 Duramax 72000 Miles
Massey Ferguson 275
WD 45
OC4
Stihl Farm boss 290
Stihl 025
Strasburg, Ohio

Marktk

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: Mf5000
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2015, 05:26:18 PM »

I'm on my second season with my mf5000 I love it . I had been waiting a long time to get to the point of using the outdoor boiler  finally did it last fall.

duke

• OWF Model: MF5000
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2015, 01:14:56 PM »

I hope the OP is getting this taken care of.
06 Duramax
08 Polaris Ranger XP
MS 310
28 ton Swisher

duke

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2015, 11:23:05 AM »

Maxfli, is there anymore new on this issue you can share with us?
06 Duramax
08 Polaris Ranger XP
MS 310
28 ton Swisher

duke

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2015, 04:25:23 PM »

just trying to keep this thread going, would really like to hear how this is going, several people here have this same stove. And may be interested to hear how it goes.
06 Duramax
08 Polaris Ranger XP
MS 310
28 ton Swisher

racnruss

• OWF Brand: Nature's Comfort gt-220 sold P&M Optimizer 250 sold now Heatmaster 10000E
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2015, 07:40:00 PM »

agreed, what's the verdict? 

its not even that there may have been a leak, to me its more about how the company handled it.
Tree service Owner/Operator since 1997.  Central Iowa.

Sluggo

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster SS
  • OWF Model: 20,000e
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2015, 08:09:50 PM »

Not sure what's going on here but let me say this...if there was any issue with this stove it will/was taken care of no questions asked.  Maybe had the guy send a picture or two and an invoice and that's about it.  Where things can get hairy and at no fault of Heatmaster is if the dealer is no good.  You can expect someone to fly down from Manitoba and fix every little thing.  This is where a good dealer really comes thru.
Stihl 441
Stihl 660
Stihl 029 Farm Boss
Bobcat T190
Grapple
Farmi 501 Winch
2015 3500 Crew Cab HIGH COUNTRY Duramax

duke

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2015, 09:12:01 AM »

yea, I'm not doubting heatmaster, just curious to hear whole story, espeacially if he doesn't have a good dealer. Just like to know how it all shakes out for him.
06 Duramax
08 Polaris Ranger XP
MS 310
28 ton Swisher

Maxfli

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2015, 11:53:33 PM »

Ok this is the rest of my leak story just to keep everyone posted.

The Bad News

So I originally started losing water in Jan.  Ended up having to fill it up every couple days.  My dealer did not beleive me about the leak until I showed him video of the amount of water in my ash pan.  At that point, now Feb. It was so cold I just kept filling the boiler every couple days. Usually about 15-20 gallons.  Then for what ever reason at the end of Feb. the boiler stopped leaking.  Once spring  came I had to beg and plead my dealer to come pressure test it.  He finally showed up Aug/20..I couldn't believe this guys total lack of service.
 As he pressure tested it, starting at  about 5psi it started leaking/spraying in the ash pan about half way up...In more than one place...

From the end of Aug until the end of Sep. I contacted my dealer every couple days with my warranty claim, he would tell me it's being worked on, he sent in all the information via registered mail...and the video he took of the leaks while pressure testing. 

The really Bad News

After a month of getting nowhere I was so fed up with the dealer I contacted the heatmaster (steeltech) directly myself...What they had to say blew me away. 

They told me that they had not received any information about my claim.  And they had dropped my POS dealer as a rep.  This whole time this piece of $hit was lying to me saying he was working on it..sending info...to stop worrying..and he wasn't even a dealer anymore.. This guy gave me a huge run around for nothing..At this point in time my only backup is electric..money is very tight..my house is fairly large with terrible insulation..I also have 2 of the largest heat demands, any house could have....a one year old daughter...and a pissed off wife..What this dealer put me through I take very personally at this point....

THE GOOD NEWS

HeatMaster is the best..From the moment I contacted them directly it was nothing but the best service possible.  They had a new furnace delivered to the new dealer in my area  in a matter of days.  Heatmaster was going to cover everything even the new install.  But the new dealer would not be able to do the install for a couple weeks.  I didn't feel like waiting. So I borrowed a friends case 580, had the dealer trailer the boiler to my place ..I put it place, hooked it up and have been burning wood for the last 3 days...I can't say enough good things about heatmaster....It was -6C last night and I slept with no blankets..enough said..Thanks heatmaster

sceptre74

• OWF Brand: Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: BL 28-40
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2015, 05:25:55 AM »

It's great to see a company stand behind their product and warranty. And also recognize that the dealer had to go. Happy heating

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2015, 07:09:25 AM »

Ok this is the rest of my leak story just to keep everyone posted.

The Bad News

So I originally started losing water in Jan.  Ended up having to fill it up every couple days.  My dealer did not beleive me about the leak until I showed him video of the amount of water in my ash pan.  At that point, now Feb. It was so cold I just kept filling the boiler every couple days. Usually about 15-20 gallons.  Then for what ever reason at the end of Feb. the boiler stopped leaking.  Once spring  came I had to beg and plead my dealer to come pressure test it.  He finally showed up Aug/20..I couldn't believe this guys total lack of service.
 As he pressure tested it, starting at  about 5psi it started leaking/spraying in the ash pan about half way up...In more than one place...

From the end of Aug until the end of Sep. I contacted my dealer every couple days with my warranty claim, he would tell me it's being worked on, he sent in all the information via registered mail...and the video he took of the leaks while pressure testing. 

The really Bad News

After a month of getting nowhere I was so fed up with the dealer I contacted the heatmaster (steeltech) directly myself...What they had to say blew me away. 

They told me that they had not received any information about my claim.  And they had dropped my POS dealer as a rep.  This whole time this piece of $hit was lying to me saying he was working on it..sending info...to stop worrying..and he wasn't even a dealer anymore.. This guy gave me a huge run around for nothing..At this point in time my only backup is electric..money is very tight..my house is fairly large with terrible insulation..I also have 2 of the largest heat demands, any house could have....a one year old daughter...and a pissed off wife..What this dealer put me through I take very personally at this point....

THE GOOD NEWS

HeatMaster is the best..From the moment I contacted them directly it was nothing but the best service possible.  They had a new furnace delivered to the new dealer in my area  in a matter of days.  Heatmaster was going to cover everything even the new install.  But the new dealer would not be able to do the install for a couple weeks.  I didn't feel like waiting. So I borrowed a friends case 580, had the dealer trailer the boiler to my place ..I put it place, hooked it up and have been burning wood for the last 3 days...I can't say enough good things about heatmaster....It was -6C last night and I slept with no blankets..enough said..Thanks heatmaster

:post: :post: :post:

A lot of these companies that have been around awhile if your getting “bad” service from them I’d bet its on part of the dealer not doing his job correctly.

We had a dealer real close by for our line of tractors we still run on the farm, less then twenty minutes away, had another that handled the same brand an hour and twenty minutes away, usually dealt with the one further away, they almost always had the part in stock, was cheaper and if it was before 2pm they’d have it on the UPS truck heading our way the same day, if it was an emergency we’d drive down to pick it up. Service department was usually better as well, would always return our calls even though we at the time hadn’t bought any equipment from them, have bought a 16 row corn planter and a combine from them so far sight unseen and was happy with both purchases.

Dealers can make or break a company as fast or faster than anything else.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

cartod

• OWF Model: 10,000e
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2015, 10:58:38 AM »

Thanks for the follow up.  Good to know HM came through.
Pages: 1 [2] 3