Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21

Author Topic: Gasification wood boiler build  (Read 129710 times)

jackel440

• View Profile
Re: Gasification wood boiler build
« Reply #120 on: December 11, 2010, 02:59:04 PM »

Here is the pic of the throttle blades to control the air flow to the burn chamber and the gas chamber.Then we got a pic of the rest of the b-deck installed ,and the end cap on.
And just for fun I threw in  apic of my poor 72' Charger sitting out in the weather. :-\
 :pic:

[attachment deleted by admin for space issues]
LPK-440 wood gasification furnace
New Holland LS170
24' Titan deckover gooseneck
96' Dodge Ram 2500 V10 4x4
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV

jackel440

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 11, 2010, 04:40:59 PM »

Shout out to my friends here!
torch cutting 1" plate Part1
part 1
New Holland LS170
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV

jackel440

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 11, 2010, 04:41:43 PM »

New Holland LS170
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV

jackel440

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 11, 2010, 11:37:26 PM »

Well I took advantage of the warm temps,and got some more done.Not near as much that I wanted to.I got some of the frame work made to hold the metal siding.This thing is going to be huge by the time I get done with it!
After a long day of working on this thing I so wanted to call it quits.I trudged on to take advantage of the still what you could call warm temps.(The shop was staying above 40 with out the salamander).
I went back to the plates for the burn chamber.I cut the slots for the gas chamber ,and got all the plates installed.

New Holland LS170
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV

jackel440

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 11, 2010, 11:40:25 PM »

Here is a few pics of the framing for the outside skin. :thumbup:

New Holland LS170
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV

jackel440

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 12, 2010, 04:36:55 PM »

Not much progress today.I spent part of the day helping my mom,and then I fired up the skidloader ,and dug out my snowplow blade.So I am ready for the "BIG" snowstorm that we are supposed to get.LOL!
I did manage to get the metal for the outside of the boiler brought down to the shop from the stable.We had my son's birthday party this evening,so there is no point going out and trying to get much done now.I will just have to hit it tomorrow :thumbup:
New Holland LS170
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV

jackel440

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 13, 2010, 06:25:58 PM »

Well I drug up today ,and didn't do diddly squat. ::)
My pumps and plate exchanger never showed up.I just got a call from my buddy who ordered them from Natures Comfort for me.Them numb skulls (after not having them in stock for me 2 pick up 3 weeks ago when I got my pipe like they said they did)Sent the plate exchanger to his Millwright shop in Wabash then when he got home the pumps were at the end of his driveway out in the country. :bash:
This is after calling them and giving them my address on the phone and them repeating it back to me.
I mean Galveston is over 30 miles away from Wabash.Not even close.I could understand if the delivery guy left them at the wrong house on my road.No they sent it to 2 different places,and didn't even use my address...UGH! I mean it's only 16 degrees out and I need those parts so I can finnish my boiler!Now I have to drive 30 some miles to get my stuff that I paid to have shipped to me.What a bunch of crap.I can ship a horse across the country in a few days,but they can't ship a few items 120 miles away in less than a week. >:(
They have nice boilers ,but they need to get thier act together on the parts end.
Sorry for that ,but I have to vent a little.I needed these parts so I could continue on part of this build.I hate being at the mercy of other people.Dang it.
"hey honey fire up the kerosene heater ,it's going to be awhile on the boiler!"
Oh and Merry Christmas everyone. ;)
New Holland LS170
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV

jackel440

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 16, 2010, 07:18:25 PM »

A little update for you guys.I "volunteered" to work for my buddy's shop on wednesday,and picked up my pumps and plate exchanger that was delivered there.I then go sick and have been fighting a fever and congestion all day.
I have to work for my buddy tomorrow,and I am going to bend up a back door for the boiler while I am there.
later everyone
New Holland LS170
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV

bikeralan

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 17, 2010, 02:47:37 AM »

Hang in there and keep healthy!.
With the added stress of the upcoming holidays and racing to get your stove online you are burning both ends.
My wife has major health problems with her feet and we have been cramming Dr appts in trying to beat the deductible from starting over, so I have ben a roadwarrior along with work as she can't drive.
We took one night last week and went to a motel 20 miles away and just sat in hot tub and relaxed.
So don't forget to goof off a little and recharge lol.
Happy holidays to your family!, speech over, now get that damn stove online ha ha.

jackel440

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 18, 2010, 01:36:04 PM »

Thanks for the well wishes Bikeralan! :thumbup:
I pray that your wifes health improves.I can understand trying to get all you can in before the end of the year.
I have thought about sneeking away for a night like that ,but with no income at the moment that's not going to happen. I hear through the grapevine that I might be going back on monday though.
I got my door bent up last night before I left my buddy's shop.I also got a pic of the plate exchanger and pumps.
Then there is a pic of structural steel I just got painted ,and loaded on my trailer for my buddy at his shop.It is for a job at BF Goodrich in Marion,IN.My buddy's trailer wasn't long enough and he couldn't find a new trailer around here like he wanted in time.So I let him use mine.

New Holland LS170
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV

oldchenowth

« Reply #130 on: December 21, 2010, 02:24:19 PM »

Gotta say man, very impressive!  Ambitious as hell too!  I wonder how many people, other than here, will actually appreciate all your work?  I've built race cars before and have not put in the time you are.  I hope you get to go back to work, your boss should appreciate your work ethic.  At least go back to catch your breath.

jackel440

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 21, 2010, 06:21:31 PM »

Gotta say man, very impressive!  Ambitious as hell too!  I wonder how many people, other than here, will actually appreciate all your work?  I've built race cars before and have not put in the time you are.  I hope you get to go back to work, your boss should appreciate your work ethic.  At least go back to catch your breath.
Thanks for the compliments.I have a lot of time in it,and it is taking shape.I haven't been able to get much done here lately with being sick and all.Out of funds for a few things I need.I did go back to work this week so that is a blessing. :D
Just sucks that it's going to be another week or so before I get a pay check.I know you guys like what I have been accomplishing here.I wish you could see the thing that the couple of guys I work with build and fab at work all the time.I admitt I work with some guys who have real talent.
I know most people who have seen it here are in awe of it,but don't have a clue what it took to get to this point.That's fine,I know what is in the details.The guys who know what it takes can appreciate all the little things.
I am my own worse critic.I see things that are not how I wanted them to be,and it drives me nuts.Most others don't even have a clue there is anything not just"right". ;D
I was taking the tracks off my skidloader so I could plow snow tonight,and POW! the wrench slipped off the bolt and hit me right below the eye. :bash:Thank goodness it was cold out as my face was cold and it didn't bleed to bad. ::) So now my cheek hurts and has got my teeth hurting also >:(
Just can't win sometimes. :-\
I know I got to get this boiler done and up to heat soon.I want to be able to join the rest of you guys with fires in your stoves. :thumbup:
New Holland LS170
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV

jackel440

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 22, 2010, 08:22:11 PM »

Back door is hung finally.I also managed to favricate the end rafters to set the roof pitch.I then welded in the girt tubes in the front wall for the wall steel to screw to.Doesn't seem like alot got done,but I had to figure out all the rafter angles ,and then square up the frame so the outside isn't leaning.

[attachment deleted by admin]
New Holland LS170
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV

jackel440

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 26, 2010, 05:32:05 PM »

Made a few mounts to hold a switch box,and a light box in the gable for a work light.I welded in a nipple on the front for a water temp guage.I then bent some conduit to run wires to the front 3 way switch.I got one of the purlins for the roof installed before I quit for dinner.

[attachment deleted by admin]

« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 05:34:15 PM by jackel440 »
New Holland LS170
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV

jackel440

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 27, 2010, 05:00:36 PM »

Nothing exciting to report tonight.I did manage to instal the rest of the purlins on the roof.I then did some terminating of wires,and hooking things up in the panel box.All the little details really seem to be slowing things down.Things are getting done though. :thumbup:
New Holland LS170
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21