Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: 100cs fan/air trouble  (Read 2374 times)

Max48

• OWF Brand: heatmor
  • OWF Model: cs100
    • View Profile
100cs fan/air trouble
« on: December 17, 2012, 02:25:10 PM »

I wanted to write you and ask you a question about the way my New water stove I just puchased 2 months ago.  I have the Heatmor 100 cs

I have been after trouble with keeping fire, every few days we would find we had no hot water or that the heat was cold that was coming out, to go out side and find the fire was completly out. I thought we had an ash problem at first, then i thought it was a wood problem, but iv been buring wood for my house for 30+ years now so i knew that wasnt it. well, the last 2 nights the stove went out once again. I found that the problem was it wasnt getting any air, that when i would tap on the fan tube i could hear the flap open, so it was getting stuck, i took the fan off and found that while holding the fan in my hand and fliping the switch to turn fan on, that the flap would open some of the time, but a few times it wouldnt open at all, so i made sure there wasnt anything in the way or causing the flap to stick, and cleaned it up, put it back together, got fire going, everything was good, came back 5 hours later and the flap was stuck shut again. so it seams that once the fire reaches the cut off set point and the fan stops, and the fan stays off for a while, that once its called on to turn on, that the fan turns on but the flaps stays shut so theres no air getting to fire and it just goes out
i was glad to find it was a simple problem bc at first i was chasing my tail, looks like the flap needs to be lighter because even when it opens, it only opens at best about 1/4 of an inch, but even though it works some times, the few times it dont has been at midnight which is the worst time possible
so i wanted to see if anyone else has even had this problem, I would normaly make a lighter plate out of a diff material that withstands heat but dont want to void the warnety since i just bought this new system 2 months ago.