Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: aquastat an high limit shut off  (Read 5746 times)

hofmus

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: heatmor
  • OWF Model: 200
    • View Profile
aquastat an high limit shut off
« on: October 26, 2013, 05:53:18 AM »

I am ready to fire up my heatmor 200css- in the manual it shows 2 aquastats on back of owb-mine ha s1 aquastat and to the right a high limit shutoff switch.how do I set high and low water temp?

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
Re: aquastat an high limit shut off
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 06:30:35 AM »

It should be already set from the factory but if not check with them, I would set the Aquastat on that unit at about 185 with a 15 degree differential and the high limit at about 195.
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

MIKE44665

• OWF Brand: Heatmor
  • OWF Model: 100 CSS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 08:10:10 PM »

The aquastat on the left is for the water temperature of the Heatmor, should be 160 blower on, 180 blower off. The one on the left is the high limit aquastat, mine is set at 200.  This will do a number of things if it is wired correctly.  For instance, my house is hot water heat.  I have a 5x12 40 plate water to water heat exchanger.  Since the gas boiler is now always hot I also have a bypass connecting the feed to the return, on the house circuit, with a three-way valve on the return.  Otherwise the hot water would be moving through the house all the time by thermal convection.

So when the house thermostat calls for heat, the three-way valve opens and the circulating pump comes on.  Now if the high limit is reached the three-way valve opens, the circulating pump comes on over riding the thermostat and I have two old style bell ringers, one up stairs and one down.  These also come on to alert some one that something is amiss at the wood burner.     

Wood Nutt

• OWF Brand: shaver
  • OWF Model: 250 Pro, Stihl 660, 290, 210, 031AV, Efco 3500
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 10:02:28 PM »

I have high limit aquastats on both of my furnaces (house and detached shop) and they are set on 200-F.  they will kick on the fan on the furnaces and start pulling heat out of the boiler water if the stove approaches boil over.  Never had to test them, but the theory sounds like the right thing to do on a water to air HX setup.
What this country needs is less dirty minds and more dirty fingernails!

juddspaintballs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2013, 05:14:20 PM »

The aquastat on the left is for the water temperature of the Heatmor, should be 160 blower on, 180 blower off. The one on the left is the high limit aquastat, mine is set at 200.  This will do a number of things if it is wired correctly.  For instance, my house is hot water heat.  I have a 5x12 40 plate water to water heat exchanger.  Since the gas boiler is now always hot I also have a bypass connecting the feed to the return, on the house circuit, with a three-way valve on the return.  Otherwise the hot water would be moving through the house all the time by thermal convection.

So when the house thermostat calls for heat, the three-way valve opens and the circulating pump comes on.  Now if the high limit is reached the three-way valve opens, the circulating pump comes on over riding the thermostat and I have two old style bell ringers, one up stairs and one down.  These also come on to alert some one that something is amiss at the wood burner.     

Those are the temp settings I've been running several seasons now. 

I never did wire in my high temperature limit to anything.  I suppose with my new install at this house maybe I'll finally wire it up.