Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Temp probes  (Read 5669 times)

WoodMOJoe

• OWF Brand: Homemade Tank-in-Tank Furnace
  • OWF Model: Ol' Fireball #0002
    • View Profile
Re: Temp probes
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2014, 02:37:29 PM »

Hey thanks Wood Nutt, I have a couple of unused 1/2" bungs on the back of my water jacket, I will probably get one of those screw in units.

And I will plan on putting a Maverick or 2 on my HXs, I was thinking of putting them out on the boiler but no reason for that.   :thumbup:

How's your battery life on the Maverick?
Southwest Missouri Ozarks...USA

Wood Nutt

• OWF Brand: shaver
  • OWF Model: 250 Pro, Stihl 660, 290, 210, 031AV, Efco 3500
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2014, 02:48:51 PM »

I have only had the Maverick for 2 weeks but the threads I read were talking about battery life in the 6 month range.  Batteries are easy to install at both ends of the wireless system and since the communication is only one way, there is no complicated syncing required.  Both ends use a LCD for temp display, so power draw is minimal.  The receiver has a back light and I assume the more it is used, the faster the battery would be drained.
What this country needs is less dirty minds and more dirty fingernails!

Sprinter

• Do it right the first time, its cheaper In the long run
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: Indoor Boiler
  • OWF Model: Menominee
  • In the long run
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2014, 04:17:47 PM »

Personal preference , I use the stadler Viega 2.25" dials with a strap on well. Comes with thermal grease. They run anywhere from $16-$22 depending where you buy.

Next coolest is the 4 digit digital LCD with probe on amazon. Can use tyke K probes also. I have seen them put in a sheet metal panel or wood with labels monitoring, storage, stack temps, S&R at both boiler and inside. Looks sweet but a bit of wiring.
Michigan Thumber

WoodMOJoe

• OWF Brand: Homemade Tank-in-Tank Furnace
  • OWF Model: Ol' Fireball #0002
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2014, 09:33:29 AM »

Thank you both for the info.  Am working on wiring the outside now, progress is slow but it's getting there.
Southwest Missouri Ozarks...USA

muffin

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2014, 07:36:19 AM »

Hey thanks Wood Nutt, I have a couple of unused 1/2" bungs on the back of my water jacket, I will probably get one of those screw in units.

And I will plan on putting a Maverick or 2 on my HXs, I was thinking of putting them out on the boiler but no reason for that.   :thumbup:

How's your battery life on the Maverick?

I have been using mine for a couple years now.  I would say 6-8 months is reasonable between battery changes.  I was originally going to buy an AC/DC adapter, but with that life, batteries seem easier.
Pages: 1 [2]