Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Im getting a owb!  (Read 13925 times)

HandyMark

• View Profile
Re: Im getting a owb!
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2012, 12:34:40 PM »

That's why the back is open, plus better air flow to dry it quicker I hope.  8)
In that case I wouldn't change a thing. Cept maybe a piece of cheap gutter on the back to keep the splashing to a minimum. Nice setup. I might have to design one free standing so I can move it along with the furnace. I hope to have mine at the end of a barn lean to some day so I can have the wood under roof along with my self when I am fueling.

Bull

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: Rebuilt H2
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2012, 05:51:50 AM »

Mine is setup at the end of my garage (pole barn) lean to so I can stay dry when loading.
Southern Indiana
Just outside of the "Small Town"

willywood

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Empyre
  • OWF Model: Pro-200
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2012, 06:17:05 PM »

Hate to pee on your parade but if that Global Hydronics unit is 7 years old it may not have much life left in it.  Seen a few of those around B.C. and Alberta and they generally last 8-10 years at tops before they are rusted out.  Some are finished in 6 years.  Hope you got a steal!

bajonesy77

• OWF Brand: Prosteel
  • OWF Model: 200
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2012, 09:15:58 AM »

I do think I got a steal, and if it breaks I will fix it. Thats the kinda guy I am :P ! I wanted to build 1 but no time so I got a great base to work with. Now........ I just took a weeks vacation to take it completely apart and clean/fix any problems. Had a place at base of water fill pipe on top that had a dime size hole rusted thru from leak around stack.......cut it out and patched over to all good metal. Had 1 pin hole at top corner of door and 1 at the front bottom of the water jacket. Both of these leaks were almost not seen as they were so slow to drip. (maybe a drop of water every couple hours). They were both fixed fairly easy and plated. Had my b-i-l weld the bottom as Im not very good at overhead stuff. Used a wire brush on drill and grinder and then repainted the whole unit. Replaced all the insulation then wrapped it with the low-e foil I had left over from my  diy lines. Replaced all the outside metal and made a new ridgecap to seal up the roof. I just need to finish painting the rest of the metal to match front and let the high temp. silicone dry and shes ready to go for this winter! 8) 

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 09:21:40 AM by bajonesy77 »
Brave 22 ton splitter
Stihl 440 magnum 20" bar
Stihl 390 20" bar
McCullough timber bear 20" bar

benj1975

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: home made
  • OWF Model: Sir Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2012, 07:01:32 PM »

Nice job on the fix up.hope that it runs well for you.
Husqvarna 562XP  24" bar                                                                          
Husqvarna  350. 18" bar                                                                  Marshall Michigan 16 years of burning wood.                                       Homemade Boiler 2012

woodman

• OWF Brand: hawken
  • OWF Model: he1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2012, 07:38:11 PM »

Great Job on your stove!

Bull

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: Rebuilt H2
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2012, 07:53:43 PM »

Looking good bud
Southern Indiana
Just outside of the "Small Town"

bajonesy77

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2013, 10:42:58 AM »

Stove is working perfectly heating 2000sq ft. And dhw. I lit it at the begining of october and been burning ever since.  My back up has yet to kick on so im more than happy with the money im saving and the time I'm saving having to load it only 2 times a day compared to using the indoor wood stove. My highest light bill has been just over $120 and that was from christmas lights! Today I just started on my 4th cord of wood so usage is pretty darn good too. Heres my finally finished picture I just took when I went out to check the stove. Its 64 here so I haven't put wood in over 24 hrs.    :thumbup:

[attachment deleted by admin for space issues]
Brave 22 ton splitter
Stihl 440 magnum 20" bar
Stihl 390 20" bar

Roger2561

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2013, 11:02:41 AM »

Stove is working perfectly heating 2000sq ft. And dhw. I lit it at the begining of october and been burning ever since.  My back up has yet to kick on so im more than happy with the money im saving and the time I'm saving having to load it only 2 times a day compared to using the indoor wood stove. My highest light bill has been just over $120 and that was from christmas lights! Today I just started on my 4th cord of wood so usage is pretty darn good too. Heres my finally finished picture I just took when I went out to check the stove. Its 64 here so I haven't put wood in over 24 hrs.    :thumbup:

Congrats on the repairs.  If you're like me, I don't miss hearing the oil furnace run.  Talk about money savings.  I was spending over $5,000.00/year for fuel oil.  Like you, I've been running my OWB (CB e-classic 1400) since early Oct and the oil furnace hasn't come one once.  Stay warm!  Roger 
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire

AirForcePOL

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G400
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2013, 11:05:20 AM »

Looks good! I'm glad to hear that everything is working out for you! I like your wood shed too  :thumbup:
Athens, Illinois
Dealer for HeatMaster SS
Stihl MS 290
Troy Bilt 27 ton splitter

loneryder

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: 5036
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2013, 09:06:05 PM »

Jonesy,
Looks like a new unit. Where in Va are you located with that view.  I'm in WV just across the border from Winchester.

bajonesy77

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2013, 09:30:15 AM »

Im just outside of covington about 20 minutes from White Sulphur Springs where the Greenbrier resort is. Thanks for the comments guys.
Brave 22 ton splitter
Stihl 440 magnum 20" bar
Stihl 390 20" bar

bajonesy77

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2013, 03:09:40 PM »

Did some more upgrades today. I noticed over the summer that the front door was rusting so I figured the door wasn't insulated at all and was letting out way too much heat.  :bash: so I got a roll of Durablanket S and installed it 3 inchs thick in the door. It had a little in the door from the factory but it was pitiful.

[attachment deleted by admin for space issues]
Brave 22 ton splitter
Stihl 440 magnum 20" bar
Stihl 390 20" bar
Pages: 1 2 [3]