Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Plate heat exchanger plumbing  (Read 1954 times)

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
Plate heat exchanger plumbing
« on: August 11, 2012, 05:18:14 PM »

Has anyone ever used braided hoses to connect a plate? Menards sells some that are for connecting water softeners. They have 1" female pipe thread at one end and a 3/4" push fitting (similar to sharkbite) at the other. It would make connecting the domestic water side of the plate take a couple minutes at the most. Just screw the two hoses onto the plate (they have gaskets so you don't even need to use thread sealer) and cut the cold water line and push the two hoses on.

The hoses at Menards are Watts brand and appear to be rated at 180 degrees. That is the biggest problem I see with using them.

I found some make by Sharkbite that are rated at 200 degrees but they have 3/4" pipe threads so would require an extra adapter.

Also, Menards sells a stainless steel flexible pipe but it is 1" female pipe threads at both ends so would not be as simple to connect to water heater.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 05:22:44 PM by RSI »

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
Re: Plate heat exchanger plumbing
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 01:48:48 PM »

I've sure been looking for those, first time ive ever heard anyone that has actually seen them with 3/4 push fittings on one end with 1" fpt on the other, Awesome!
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697