Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: how bad does a hardy h4 smoke  (Read 7990 times)

woodman

• OWF Brand: hawken
  • OWF Model: he1000
    • View Profile
Re: how bad does a hardy h4 smoke
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2012, 10:45:07 AM »

You should be fine then.  Maybe just look into a taller chimney if it becomes a problem.  If they already burn wood then I wouldn't see why they would mind the smell of smoke.

Careful there, I burn wood but I would not be happy if I had a neighbor that was sending smoke into my house. I would think a taller chimney would be a wise investment.

walkerdogman85

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: H-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2012, 10:56:44 AM »

i talked to the guy that is the closest and told him what i am doing and he said that smoke was no big deal and that he is thinking about putting and owb in he said to let him know what i think about mine, but the dealer came today and is installing it and putting a taller stack on it isnt very much more so i might do that
Michael West
Central Ohio

BIGDIESEL20S

• OWF Model: H-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2012, 06:47:18 AM »

You might not even need to worry with a longer pipe. If you have lived there any amount of time you should know witch way the breeze is going most of the time. Like at my house I knew that 99% of the time I have a breeze from either s, sw, or nw and none of those ways will it take the smoke to any of my close neighbors. But extending the pipe is cheap compaired to a complaining neighbor, because if they get pissed about it they could really make it bad for you.
2002 F250 SUPER DUTY 4X4
1994 CHEVROLET S-10 4X4
HOME MADE 20 TON SPLITER
STIHL: 009, 011, MS250, 026, MS260, 028 SUPER,  028FARMBOSS, 029 SUPER, 031, 031 SUPER, 066.
176 ACERS HALF WOODS
HOME MADE PICKUP BED TRAILER
801 FORD POWERMASTER
B414 ITERNATIONAL
H FARMALL

walkerdogman85

• OWF Model: H-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2012, 07:36:58 PM »

I know that the wind usually blows out of the south south west which wont bother any neighbor and that's why I ended up putting it on that side but once in a while it blows at random that's why I was concerned but they don't seem to be bother by it cause the one neighbor that it would effect the most said not to worry about it
Michael West
Central Ohio
Pages: 1 [2]