Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: New OWF owner Seqoyah E3300 A  (Read 4415 times)

epic69

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Seqoyah
  • OWF Model: E3300
    • View Profile
New OWF owner Seqoyah E3300 A
« on: September 10, 2012, 03:35:04 PM »

I am new to having a outdoor wood furnace. Not sure If i am doing things wrong or not. There is a switch around the side panel that when i turn on it sounds like it turns on fan and the chimney starts to smoke thats good, i know its pulling air into the burning chamber. But Do i need to turn that switch off when the fire is going good? or leave it on? started a fire last night and filled up the wood box completely at about 9 p.m. and in the morning at 6 a.m. the wood was completely gone, it was good dry hard wood is that typical for this type of stove to go through the entire firebox over night?

Have any tips for a newbie?

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
Re: New OWF owner Seqoyah E3300 A
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 07:12:43 PM »

What was the temp of the water?  There should be an aquastat that turns the fan in and off as it needs heat.  Let's say you set it for 180 with a 15 degree differnetial, as your water cools due to heating a home, the fan will kick in when the water gets below 165 and off when it reaches 180

Yes a load in spetember is crazy
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

MattyNH

• OWF Brand: Crown Royal former Aqua-Therm
  • OWF Model: 7300E ; S-275
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 07:23:23 PM »

Your boiler is a forced air daft boiler.. Mine is as well..You leave the switch on at all times while you have a fire in that boiler.. You have to..Its the only way the fire gets air to it..Now as the the wood being completely gone in the am...Sounds like it was gone due to it was the initial fire to bring the water up temp..
Crown Royal 7300E (2021)
Aqua-Therm S-275 (2006)
Jonsered 2188
Jonsered 2165
Jonsered 2050
Timberwolf- TWP1 5.5 Honda 25in wood splitter
American CLS- AM48HH 8 Honda 48in wood splitter
Kubota L3800DT
Lake Winnipesaukee New Hampshire

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 07:42:44 PM »

You mean your guys fans never shut off?
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

MattyNH

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 07:53:38 PM »

of course it shuts off.. come on dude..runs off a thermostat.. just like a natural daft boiler. theres a switch to shut off so the fan doesnt come on while reloading wood or shutting the boiler down for the season and letting the fire out..
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 07:58:35 PM by MattyNH »
Crown Royal 7300E (2021)
Aqua-Therm S-275 (2006)
Jonsered 2188
Jonsered 2165
Jonsered 2050
Kubota L3800DT

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 08:46:07 PM »

Come on dude?  Huh

He said his never shuts off and then you say something about a forced draft...  Just had me confused

I am not familiar with aqua therm or sequoya but always assumed they had an aquastat similar to all the other models.

What kind pf aquastat does the aquar therm use?
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

boilerman

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: E2400 Currently CL5648 Previously
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 10:22:59 PM »

Epic69 where did you come by the Sequoyah? Company has been out of business for a number of years now.
A huge black box that barely made the original Phase 1 standard with a .56 emission output level.
8 hour btu output was low for its size and not very efficient for a gasser unit either. Saw one a number of years ago. If I remember correctly, it had a huge water jacket and very poorly insulated, with a huge blower fan for air input.
I think Matty is correct, the switch you are referring is probably just the main power switch. The aquastat called for heat so fan kicked on to blow air into that huge box. Fan should turn off once water has reached set point and it probably required a great deal of wood to bring all that water up to set point the first time. So yes the switch should be left on. I think the aquastat on it looked like what Pro Fab or P&M uses on their furnaces. I don't remember how the water temperature was displayed.

MattyNH

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 03:39:08 AM »

Come on dude?  Huh

He said his never shuts off and then you say something about a forced draft...  Just had me confused

I am not familiar with aqua therm or sequoya but always assumed they had an aquastat similar to all the other models.

What kind pf aquastat does the aquar therm use?
Honeywell
Crown Royal 7300E (2021)
Aqua-Therm S-275 (2006)
Jonsered 2188
Jonsered 2165
Jonsered 2050
Kubota L3800DT

epic69

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 06:49:35 AM »

Your boiler is a forced air daft boiler.. Mine is as well..You leave the switch on at all times while you have a fire in that boiler.. You have to..Its the only way the fire gets air to it..Now as the the wood being completely gone in the am...Sounds like it was gone due to it was the initial fire to bring the water up temp..

Yes it was the initial fire, first time I ever started it up. I bought a house and the OWB was already there. Seems to be in really good shape and it will serve me well I am sure. Thanks for all the reply's. My questions have been answered thanks all!

epic69

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, 06:52:59 AM »

Epic69 where did you come by the Sequoyah? Company has been out of business for a number of years now.
A huge black box that barely made the original Phase 1 standard with a .56 emission output level.
8 hour btu output was low for its size and not very efficient for a gasser unit either. Saw one a number of years ago. If I remember correctly, it had a huge water jacket and very poorly insulated, with a huge blower fan for air input.
I think Matty is correct, the switch you are referring is probably just the main power switch. The aquastat called for heat so fan kicked on to blow air into that huge box. Fan should turn off once water has reached set point and it probably required a great deal of wood to bring all that water up to set point the first time. So yes the switch should be left on. I think the aquastat on it looked like what Pro Fab or P&M uses on their furnaces. I don't remember how the water temperature was displayed.

I would only shut off the switch when loading and when not using for the season. Trying to figure out when is best time of year to start regularly loading it up and running all the time. Now when day times are in the 70 to 80 and night time is getting down to 30 to 40 i dont know if it makes sense to fire it up once a night and bring the water to set point at night and then not fire it during the day. I have backup LP Boiler in the house. When does everybody typically start firing the OWB regularly in central wisconsin area?

plumb bob

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: CL 5036
  • still green
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2012, 10:10:05 AM »

Hey epic,

Im in northern wisconsin and didn't fire cb5036 till mid october last year. But then again it was pretty mild. If you have the wood run it whenever you want, it's better than paying the "man".

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2012, 04:21:09 PM »

I'm in northeast KY and usually fire my furnace around October 1 each year
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

MattyNH

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2012, 05:03:09 PM »

Yes it was the initial fire, first time I ever started it up. I bought a house and the OWB was already there. Seems to be in really good shape and it will serve me well I am sure. Thanks for all the reply's. My questions have been answered thanks all!
Great!..Any other questions.. We are here!
Crown Royal 7300E (2021)
Aqua-Therm S-275 (2006)
Jonsered 2188
Jonsered 2165
Jonsered 2050
Kubota L3800DT