Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Over Pressure?  (Read 5505 times)

franky1

• View Profile
Re: Over Pressure?
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2013, 03:18:47 PM »

Dnors 180    fill us in, maybe we will all show and teach............. ;)

baldwin racing

• OWF Brand: Thermo-Control (indoor)
  • OWF Model: 500/2000 (in the insulated jacket)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2013, 07:59:28 PM »

disclaimer...i am completely new to the entire outdoor wood furnace/boiler scene. We just bought a house (over 5k square feet of heated space), the house has a boderus furnace (oil)  in the house and outside has an Aqua-therm sheltered wood furnace (not sure of the model). 

Here is what is happening. the furnace temp is set at 190 (back of the furnace)  the aqua stat that is inside the house (the overtemp one that redirects to the attic in case of overtemp) is set at 195.  Any other settings and the furnace will vent out of the over pressure vent.  The previous owner had it set at 195 outside and 200 (max) on the inside. when the system is running the pressure in the system is 20 psi inside the house and 22-24 psi outside at the furnace.

I have replaced the pressure relief valve (i should say, my plumber has replaced it) and he has looked over the system and can come up with not other reason why it would be venting off at those temperatures if the previous owner was able to run it at those temps.

Am i missing something easy here? I'm sure i have not given all the info needed and i appologize in advance for not knowing all the nomenclature.
you may not have enough expansion for water.....the expansion tank may not be big enough......I would run a tee and put another expansion tank on better to have to much than not enough......I would back boiler down to 180f as well at out side boiler.... here is a pic of mine I had to add a second tank did not have enough expansion with just one tank....

kelly

[attachment deleted by admin for space issues]
husqvarna 357 xp
allis-chalmers 5050 2,100 org hrs
farmall m (set up for just tractor pulling)
farmall H

Dnors180

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Aqua-therm
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2013, 01:13:17 PM »

I have one expansion tank in the house and one outside...do you think one more? not exactly sure if the two i have work together or not...

also, i have put less wood into the furnace (just enough to get me 12-14 hours of burn time) and i havent had it blow off again.  more evidence of possibly over loading the stove?

MattyNH

• OWF Brand: Crown Royal former Aqua-Therm
  • OWF Model: 7300E ; S-275
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2013, 05:15:01 PM »

I have one expansion tank in the house and one outside...do you think one more? not exactly sure if the two i have work together or not...

also, i have put less wood into the furnace (just enough to get me 12-14 hours of burn time) and i havent had it blow off again.  more evidence of possibly over loading the stove?
thats been your problem the whole time... Running it too hot.. You don't need another expansion tank.. The automatic reseating pressure-temp relief valve (that Auqa-Therm uses)is designed to pop at 210F
Crown Royal 7300E (2021)
Aqua-Therm S-275 (2006)
Jonsered 2188
Jonsered 2165
Jonsered 2050
Timberwolf- TWP1 5.5 Honda 25in wood splitter
American CLS- AM48HH 8 Honda 48in wood splitter
Kubota L3800DT
Lake Winnipesaukee New Hampshire

baldwin racing

• OWF Brand: Thermo-Control (indoor)
  • OWF Model: 500/2000 (in the insulated jacket)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2013, 06:43:51 PM »

you should have enough expansion then.......I would also back down boiler to 180F and not fill it up with wood until it's cold out....just like said in other post by matty

kelly
husqvarna 357 xp
allis-chalmers 5050 2,100 org hrs
farmall m (set up for just tractor pulling)
farmall H

MattyNH

• OWF Brand: Crown Royal former Aqua-Therm
  • OWF Model: 7300E ; S-275
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2013, 08:33:42 PM »

Make sure also that the flapper that covers the fan seats properly..The flapper tends to tear over time, where the flapper bends up when the fan comes on..That will make your boiler run hot as well...Ive already replaced 3 flappers....Just to let you know..You can buy all of the parts right off the Aqua-therm web sight..
Crown Royal 7300E (2021)
Aqua-Therm S-275 (2006)
Jonsered 2188
Jonsered 2165
Jonsered 2050
Timberwolf- TWP1 5.5 Honda 25in wood splitter
American CLS- AM48HH 8 Honda 48in wood splitter
Kubota L3800DT
Lake Winnipesaukee New Hampshire
Pages: 1 [2]