Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: HE 8000 not being built made??  (Read 5337 times)

Jcl

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
HE 8000 not being built made??
« on: September 03, 2011, 12:50:22 PM »

Ordered and paid for a He5000 and 8000 in june  told it would be here in 6 weeks.  8 weeks goes bye then  kept being told wait 2 weeks then 2 more weeks then.  We'll call you!      finally was told HE8000 are not being built right know the company  is moving to Virginia  and have no time line on when they are starting again.  My 5000 is sup-post to be done and waiting for a shipper ???  Little disappointed
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 03:58:28 PM by Jcl »
wood doctor He5000
Block buster wood processior
Jd 855 backhoe

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
Re: HE 8000 not being built made??
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 01:10:05 PM »

Ordered and paid for a He5000 and 8000 in june  told it would be here in 6 weeks.  8 weeks goes bye then  kept being told wait 2 weeks then 2 more weeks then.  We'll call you!      finally was told HE8000 are not being built right know the company  is moving to tenn and have no time line on when they are starting again.  My 5000 is sup-post to be done and waiting for a shipper ???  Little disappointed

I think this is where you save your own @$$ and request a full refund, it doesnt sound to me like they are planning to do much business when they don't even have a business plan in place!  How can you put any faith in a co like that?
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

TJB

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 09:11:20 PM »

Ordered and paid for a He5000 and 8000 in june  told it would be here in 6 weeks.  8 weeks goes bye then  kept being told wait 2 weeks then 2 more weeks then.  We'll call you!      finally was told HE8000 are not being built right know the company  is moving to Virginia  and have no time line on when they are starting again.  My 5000 is sup-post to be done and waiting for a shipper ???  Little disappointed
  I think that you have been screwed.  I bought an HE8000 that only worked for a year before it started leaking.  Complaints have gone unanswered.  The president promised a new stove to be delivered in September.  No answers to my emails or phone calls.  The US rep won't answer phone calls or emails.  Good luck getting your money back.

Jcl

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 02:59:30 PM »

I got my He5000 and got my money back for the 8000 it's been a long 4 month battle!   I just got done with the pluming hope to get the wiring and fill the tank this week and fire it up next sat.
wood doctor He5000
Jd 855 backhoe

oldchenowth

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 04:37:05 AM »

At least you shouldn't freeze this year in the house.  Shop may be a different story.  At least there is a half success story out there.  Seems to me Arthur has cut his own throat.  Once she is up and running, she's a pretty nice machine.  Make sure to put the chemical in and keep her stoked hot to reduce creosote build up in the chimney.  I took my fan apart and notched out the housing for cleaning and blade replacement if need be.  MUCH easier than trying to loosen set screw and pull the shaft out of the fan and line it all back up through that tiny port.  Did they at least send a spare fan blade with yours?  Mine was tucked in the burn chamber, I almost missed it.  $200 or something like that in the catalog, glad I got a spare just in case.

Happy burning.  Let me know if I can be any help.

Jcl

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 06:44:58 PM »

found the  fan dont know why we need two i would think the motor would fail first?  was looking for chimmy cap also but not found more money to spend.   I will be emailing you wed/thurs  for a crash course dont under stand the timer in the back? still got to fill with water wasn't expecting losing power for 3 days and a foot of snow outside
wood doctor He5000
Jd 855 backhoe

oldchenowth

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2011, 05:11:21 AM »

I am not sure I would spend the money on a cap.  I thought about three "T"s  I got a lot of creosote drippings on my fan housing with the stock cap.  Any way I turned it, it dripped.  the timer allows the fan and vent to come on to keep the fire alive while idle.  I set mine at the half hour marks to breathe a little.  It came with them set right next  to each other to allow longer burn each hour, I set mine at half hour and shorter burn and it seems to work just fine.  Never had a fire snuff out because of it, and it may prevent boil over if it just got to temp prior to timer on.  I like my settings a little hot, I think it performs better and wood use is not that much worse than colder.  I am at 185 off which automatically kicks on at 165.  Hose clamp the sight tube. It shrinks to almost falling off. 

Any way I can help, I'd be happy to.

Rich

HappyCmpr

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2011, 08:35:17 AM »

Part of the mystery is becoming clear.  Not only are the HE8000's not being made but the VA factory that was supposed to produce them wasn't made either! No factory, no HE8000's but lots of consumer dollars that went into somebody's pocket.  Haven't gotten a cent back yet myself.  If anyone has  ideas on getting a refund please speak up.  Thanks.

Ridgekid

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2011, 08:46:40 AM »

Have you tried filing a claim with your Bank or Credit card company that product was not received?

oldchenowth

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2011, 08:09:36 PM »

I smell a bankruptcy coming in which case any of you with money out there will get royally screwed.  You may get a small percentage back.  I don't know if lawyering up early would help or not.  Spend more of your hard earned money to try and recoup your hard earned money.  What the hell is wrong with this picture?  Welcome to the new business model, screw the guy that can least afford to lose it.  Karma.  May bad things happen, 10 fold, to those that rob the honest people.