Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: heat exhanger line /gas furness check flow valve  (Read 1867 times)

Jcl

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
heat exhanger line /gas furness check flow valve
« on: October 08, 2012, 04:17:04 PM »

Hi i need a little help.  bought my house 10 years ago it had a gas furness and a indoor wood boiler.     after 5 years the indoor boiler rotted out so i capped off the connections.     last winter i got a owb install my lines right where the indoor furness was connected.

my probem is the flow of hot water is going down into the furness and back to the heat exchanger  in stead of going up and heating the house.  indoor boiler i didnt have this problem i used the same pump as before i took a pic dont now how it will show up here but to the right of the pic you will see a green valve that's the incoming hot water from the exchanger.  water comes in and gos down. path of least resistances.    what type of valve should i install between the furness and before the t fitting?   all the check valves ive looked at have plastic in them so im thinking maybe a zone valve???  need help thanks

[attachment deleted by admin]
wood doctor He5000
Block buster wood processior
Jd 855 backhoe

BoilerHouse

• OWF Brand: Home Built
  • OWF Model: Fire Tube/Water Tube
    • View Profile
Re: heat exhanger line /gas furness check flow valve
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 05:35:30 PM »

You should be able to get all brass check valves.  I have used many of them at work and have bought the odd one from the local hardware store.

Muskoka, Ont

Jcl

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Re: heat exhanger line /gas furness check flow valve
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 10:18:41 AM »

thanks,  i'll look again all of the ones i've seen had plastic parts and i no they wont take the heat
wood doctor He5000
Block buster wood processior
Jd 855 backhoe