Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Humble Apology  (Read 16526 times)

martyinmi

• OWF Brand: Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: Optimizer 250
    • View Profile
Re: Humble Apology
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2011, 07:25:44 PM »

I think Carol will be able to get her 8000 up and running again soon. I got a few pm's from you guys(thanks!) pertaining to welders, plus one from a scales supplier at work. She and one of her neighbors pulled the firebrick out and found the leak. She didn't think it looked that bad. She's still trying to get a hold of Rick Fulcher from Wood Doctor. The only number she has is 434-547-5880. Would anyone happen to have another number other than the 434-547-5880 that she and I have? Or wait, am I able to post telephone numbers on here? I guess if I'm not able to post the 434-547-5880 number, then one of the forum administrators will remove it in a timely fashion.

Thanks again everyone for your help! Hopefully this situation will have a happy as can be expected ending for her.

Marty
Newholland TZ-25da
30+ Chain Saws
'05 Dodge Diesel
Michigander
TSC 35 Ton Splitter

dirtryder

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2011, 07:40:44 AM »

Here's what I have from when I bought mine:

Outside Heating System Ltd.
Wood DoctorŽ
35 Commercial St.  Suite 101
Truro, NS   B2N 3H9 Canada
Ph: 902-895-6663   
Fax: 902-895-8131

HappyCmpr

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2011, 08:58:49 AM »

Here's another one.  If they don't recognize your number you've got a good chance of getting through.  I've been blocked for all 3 cell phones, work phone & home phone.  Again, if they don't owe you money you've got a chance for contact.  Good luck!

martyinmi

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2011, 05:32:28 PM »

Well, it is apparent that I put the cart before the horse...again :bag: Spoke to Carol this morning and she informed me that a welder came out with his portable unit and determined that her boiler would be too big of a job to do on site and he would need it at his shop. His rough estimate to fix it would be $3000.00. Poor lady is at her wits end. She will probably just sell the WD and maybe go back to propane. She asked how much an American built gasser might cost that would heat what her 8000 did. I only knew a ball park price for a CB 2400, and when I told her,it did not make her happy at all :bash:
   In the event that she sells the leaking WD, what might it be worth? I would hate to see someone come in and give her the price it would be worth at the scrap yard....Don't say it Scott- we know what you're thinking >:D

Marty
Newholland TZ-25da
30+ Chain Saws
'05 Dodge Diesel
Michigander
TSC 35 Ton Splitter

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2011, 07:03:34 PM »

Don't say what
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 07:06:08 PM by Scott7m »
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

martyinmi

• View Profile
Re: Update
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2011, 07:35:05 PM »

Carol had yet another welder come in and look at her 8000 and he confirmed what the others had said- namely that it would be next to impossible to fix the boiler on her site, and that even if he could haul it back to his shop and fix it the best he could, there would be no warranty, as the "boiler plate" has corroded away to the point where it is paper thin. Her attorney just sent out papers of some sort today. That is not likely to net her much of anything at all.
   A question for you dealers and fabricators out there: How much is a leaking 8000 gasser worth? I'm afraid someone will come in and offer her scrap price for it. It should be worth much more than scrap price, shouldn't it?

Marty
Newholland TZ-25da
30+ Chain Saws
'05 Dodge Diesel
Michigander
TSC 35 Ton Splitter

oldchenowth

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2011, 04:42:53 AM »

I doubt you would even get scrap price.  They are going to say they have to pick it up and haul it away, making it unprofitable for whoever takes it.  I bet she's looking at a "donation" .  An 8000 has to be mega heavy.  Only thing I can think of is take up donations to help her out to fix it or buy another.  I'll kick in the first $ if you want to start a collection for her.  I don't know you from Adam. but you have been on here enough and sound like a trustworthy dude to me and it's Christmas season.  Time to give to someone that deserves it.  HEAR THAT ARTHUR?  STEP UP AND BE A MAN AND A MAN OF YOUR WORD!

I'm in brother, let me know if I can help.
Rich

Ridgekid

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2011, 06:07:01 AM »

Tis the season!  I'm with Rich. If there is enough interest and they have too much pride just tell them it's from thier Christmas Angels.

Let us know how you want to handle this.

martyinmi

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2011, 03:10:20 PM »

Thanks for the offers guys, but I'm sure that Carol and her husband will be OK. It sure is comforting to know that even in today's economic climate, people are still willing to make small sacrifices for the benefit of a total stranger. She has come to grips with the fact that they made a bad decision back in '08, and they are ready to just move forward. From my conversations with her I get the feeling that she will not make any rash decisions regarding her boiler until she is confident that she has exhausted all legal recourse she may be entitled to. Who could blame her.
   Thanks again for the offer guys, and have a great turkey day. I'll keep ya'll updated on her progress.

Marty

Newholland TZ-25da
30+ Chain Saws
'05 Dodge Diesel
Michigander
TSC 35 Ton Splitter

kimandjosh2

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2011, 08:56:34 AM »

Let me add to this conversation.  I have been a wood doctor dealer for several years...not any more.  Arthur took my money and kept telling me my delivery was coming.  Not only that but a few months ago he sold a furnace in my area at my cost.  When I got a call from this person because he wanted to see if I could beat the price, I told him that is what I paid for them.  Later he wanted me to help him because he was having problems with the furnace, and as a good person, I felt bad and helped him.  How can I compete as a dealer when Wood Doctor is selling furnaces in my area at cost, and I have to clean up their mess.  I cannot get a hold of him or Rick in over a month after they told me they could not get me a furnace and would return my money.  Have not seen a penny yet and I call daily.  Truthfully, with the new technologies out there with some of the other companies, wood doctor is behind.  If you look at the Federal EPA website, wood doctor is one of the least efficient.  They also currently have a F from the Better Business Bureau.  I would not advise anyone to buy furnaces from them.

I actually had to pull money out of my retirement to pay the customer his money back because I was paid for the furnace.  I am just a tiny dealer and do it on the side.  I would advise everyone that is having a problem to contact the Attorney Generals Office. 

I don't know what is going on with them, they used to be a good company and were always helpful.  No more; and no longer will I be a dealer.  I cannot in good faith support a company like this.

tinner

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2011, 06:17:48 PM »

Here in South Central Wisconsin in early fall the pipe fitters Union spends a weekend installing and servicing heating equipment for elderly and other fixed income folks. ( I hope this is p.c. enough) If someone in your area could contact the local union up that way you never know they just may be able to help out.  Just a thought.

Bull

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: Rebuilt H2
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2011, 06:41:01 PM »

Thanks and welcome to the site Tinner
Southern Indiana
Just outside of the "Small Town"

tinner

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2011, 07:20:59 PM »

Your welcome and Thank You!
I hope it helps.

coonsrich@yahoo.com

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: WoodDoctor
  • OWF Model: BP 8000
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2012, 07:50:58 AM »

After 4 years my WD boiler rusted out on Nov 23, 2010.  Talked with Arthur and he promised parts to weld in to repair.  After 5 weeks and waiting I shopped locally and welder is finishing repair now.  Arthur 6 and 1/2 weeks in a cold house is no fun.  Arthur and WoodDoctor are done, we must accept the facts. 

coonsrich@yahoo.com

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: WoodDoctor
  • OWF Model: BP 8000
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2012, 04:35:11 AM »

My dealer from south-central Pa is out $14,000 after being told by Arthur that "the stoves were on the truck and ready to ship with my repair parts inside one of the stoves."  That was almost a month ago and no delivery from Manitoba, Ca.  Another RIP OFF. >:D 
Pages: 1 [2] 3