Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: this board..me..you..and the dealers  (Read 3257 times)

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
this board..me..you..and the dealers
« on: March 14, 2011, 04:43:01 PM »

i have been watching for a long while and thought it is time i posted my thoughts just because i can (LOL)

when i first saw dealers starting to post here i thought it would turn in to a nightmare of one dealer bashing another and then folks like me (who are not dealers) would jump in sticking up for the brand they own and backing each dealer

Well, I am exstatic that none of this happened and that on this board at least, dealers can respect other dealers and the rest of us (non dealers) have in fact gained knowledge of different brands from these dealers.

I would like to commend you all for being so level headed and you have all given me new hope that the world may still survive

Thank you all and Phin Phan for his patience and wisdom for allowing this board to mature as it has

home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

oldchenowth

Re: this board..me..you..and the dealers
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 04:52:41 PM »

AMEN Brother!  I too have learned a lot from the different dealers on here.  I may have to call one near me when mine finally sees it's last ember.   I wish the manufacturers would answer some questions on here and especially as clearly as the dealers try to.  I wouldn't want to be a dealer and try to defend some of these companies. 

jackel440

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 08:38:53 PM »

I agree also everyone seems to be getting along very well :thumbup:
LPK-440 wood gasification furnace
New Holland LS170
24' Titan deckover gooseneck
96' Dodge Ram 2500 V10 4x4
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV

Scratch

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: CB6048
    • View Profile
    • Edge Metalworks
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 12:42:24 PM »

Yeah... how come there's no drama on this board... There's not even a popcorn emoticon!

Good job to all, it's a nice change!
Hudson, WI

Bull

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: Rebuilt H2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 07:16:30 AM »

I too agree with willieG, I have even seen a dealer recommend another dealer that was closer to a guy. Very respectful group of people on here and I give this site 2 thumbs up. :post: :post:
Southern Indiana
Just outside of the "Small Town"

Russ Brumit

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 02:49:09 AM »

Well I have to disagree. I think the site is great but like all forums some of the regulars form a click and start atacking other members if they dont see things their way. Its a shame but its here .
Shaver  Series 290
443-907-7455

PhinPhan

• OWF Brand: WoodMaster
  • OWF Model: 4400
    • View Profile
    • Outdoor Wood Furnace Info
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 05:59:33 AM »

i have been watching for a long while and thought it is time i posted my thoughts just because i can (LOL)

when i first saw dealers starting to post here i thought it would turn in to a nightmare of one dealer bashing another and then folks like me (who are not dealers) would jump in sticking up for the brand they own and backing each dealer

Well, I am exstatic that none of this happened and that on this board at least, dealers can respect other dealers and the rest of us (non dealers) have in fact gained knowledge of different brands from these dealers.

I would like to commend you all for being so level headed and you have all given me new hope that the world may still survive

Thank you all and Phin Phan for his patience and wisdom for allowing this board to mature as it has

Hey Willie, Your post is exactly what I wanted this message board to be.  People from all over could share their experiences and knowledge to help someone else out.

I know that it is not perfect, but when you have several hundred people posting their opinions you are going to get people you don't agree with, that happens all the time no matter where you are.  I know people are going to be bias toward particular brands and equipment, it is up to each of us to filter out what we think is the best for us and out application.

I don't agree with bashing a product and a name, just because.  If you have had bad experiences, service, etc... that should be shared, to help others make informed decisions.

We are coming up on three years that this message board has been live, thanks to all for making it stay alive.   :thumbup:

Pomeroy, OH
WoodMaster 4400