Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Fittings for Logstor Dual PEX-Flex Piping?  (Read 7325 times)

CountryBoyJohn

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: MF 10,000 E
    • View Profile
Re: Fittings for Logstor Dual PEX-Flex Piping?
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2014, 08:13:01 AM »

Here is a tweak to Slim's suggestion.  Use a roof flange to protect your opening rather than a box.  See attached picture.  It has worked great for me.  I have one here for my main lines coming in and one for my hot tub lines. 
2013 F250 6.2L Lariat
Stihl MS290
DHT 27 Ton Log Splitter
Woodchuck Log Jack
56, 57, 58 Ferguson TO-35
Knox County, IN

hondaracer2oo4

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster. Past Hardy
  • OWF Model: G200. Past H4
    • View Profile
Re: Fittings for Logstor Dual PEX-Flex Piping?
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2014, 08:44:19 AM »

I think the minimum bend radius on 1 inch pex is 10 inches. On 1 1/4 it is obviously going to be much less. I think you would be able to do that through the 4 inch if you did a 45 followed by a straight section followed by another 45 to get your 90 complete. I don't think you will ever get it to turn that 90 in that short of a distance but I could be wrong. Easy enough to figure it out with a dry mock up. Just get a 90 and 2 sections of straight and try to get the 1 1/4 through it. I think it will try to kink on you. When I plumbed mine I have a old field stone foundation that is wide underground, about 3 feet wide atleast and as all large rocks. It wasn't an option for me to go through that easily. I ended up drilling a 4 inch hole through my bulk head footing. It was tight to get the pex through that and then bent around to head down into the basement. My bulk head has a ramp instead of stairs. I built a subfloor over the ramp and ran the pipes between the ramp and the subfloor.
Pages: 1 [2]