Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Temperature monitoring  (Read 2048 times)

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
Temperature monitoring
« on: December 05, 2011, 05:01:44 PM »

I have been working on a new project whenever I have time and think I have it figured out mostly so it doesn't need a computer running or any user setup and can probably get a wifi version working.
I am looking for feedback on setting it up.
I do not have it currently uploading but this will give you an idea what it looks like.
http://www.fuji.rsixray.com/last.htm (The probes were on a gas boiler and it cycles a lot)

I can change the size and position of the temperatures box and can remove any of the fields if I want to. (keep in mind it the height of it will change depending on how many sensors are connected and could get quite large with a lot of them)

Also, looking for suggestions on the graph sizes, positions and if both should be left on. I can also add a monthly chart or do monthly instead of weekly.

I am trying to find the best setting between size and what looks best. Keeping it small really cuts down on the size for uploading.

Also looking for feedback on what the minimum upload interval should be. 15 seconds in the minimum but that takes quite a bit of bandwidth even with small graphs. I could do it different for dialup and satellite users but would like to keep them all the same if possible.

I can get it back online in a couple days and start making changes if I get any suggestions.

tbone

• OWF Brand: Heatmor
    • View Profile
Re: Temperature monitoring
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 05:14:02 PM »

RSI, I'm guessing this is what you meant.  How are you getting the signal from the probes/sensors to your router?
Stihl 460
Stihl pro 360
Honda 27 ton splitter
Ford 350 with hoist

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 05:37:55 PM »

It will be a while till I get these done.
I did make some progress (I think  ;D) since this was posted. Here is what it currently looks like http://rsi.dyndns-home.com:8000/last.htm
I am still running test probes on the DHW that are reading low. I need to get them swapped out one of these days.

The sensors connect to a CPU box that plugs into the router. I think I will be able to make WIFI work too but haven't tried it yet. (it will work for sure using a client router plugged into it but hoping to not have to go that route for the wireless option)

Bull

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: Rebuilt H2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 05:42:01 PM »

Looking good
Southern Indiana
Just outside of the "Small Town"