Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Display ideas needed  (Read 1841 times)

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
Display ideas needed
« on: July 21, 2012, 05:44:14 PM »

I need to come up with a way do display brochures at the county fair. I will not be there the whole time and need to be protected from wind and rain. Last year I built a plexiglass cover with sloped bottom under them and open front (3-1/2" high opening) but it didn't work out at all. The wind and rain destroyed most of the brochures.

The only thing I can find to buy are the upright plastic boxes and I don't really like them. I would prefer to buld something but just can't come up with a good idea. I need to have it ready by this wednesday so needs to be somewhat simple.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

martyinmi

• OWF Brand: Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: Optimizer 250
    • View Profile
Re: Display ideas needed
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 09:02:56 PM »

I went to the MSU Ag Expo on Tuesday here in Mi. A guy was selling Heat Master furnaces, and all he did was strap the door open on a 10000 E and use two strong magnets to hold the flyers on the ledge.

That is one HUGE boiler! My 10 year old son helps me with wood in the winter and he guessed that a full cord of wood might fit in there. I don't know for sure, but I'll bet he's not far off! 
Newholland TZ-25da
30+ Chain Saws
'05 Dodge Diesel
Michigander
TSC 35 Ton Splitter

RSI

• View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 09:30:27 PM »

I have just put them in the boiler(s) before but if it rains and any water gets on them they melt and glue themselves to the steel. It is a big mess to cleanup and looks bad.

Last year I had them out on a table and it seemed to get a lot more people looking when they saw them easily. I will do that as a last resort though if I run out of time.

I just started selling Brute Force brand boilers. Take a look at the biggest one here. It will make that Heatmaster look like a baby http://www.bruteforcewoodstoves.com/stoves.html  ;D (I don't think they have the correct picture of it though)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 09:32:11 PM by RSI »

martyinmi

• OWF Brand: Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: Optimizer 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 07:02:18 AM »

That thing is huge! 6' long and 6' round equates to a FULL CORD and a THIRD of wood.
How big and how new of a company is Brute Force? Do you think they'll make a gasser soon?
Newholland TZ-25da
30+ Chain Saws
'05 Dodge Diesel
Michigander
TSC 35 Ton Splitter

RSI

• View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 08:25:06 AM »

It is a fairly small company. I deal directly with the owner so it makes things much more simple.
They don't currently make a gasser and he said he won't till he is forced to. Gassers don't sell good around here so it is fine with me.