Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Central boiler cl 4436 Help  (Read 14217 times)

blue968

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Central boiler cl 4436 Help
« on: March 14, 2014, 11:18:52 AM »

Hello Everybody,

Im looking into buying a used Central Boiler Model CL4436.

Seller is asking 4000 for it and it was built in 2007, does this sound like a fair deal?

Also I was wondering if you think it will heat my 2000 sq. ft log home with hot water baseboard heat  and my 1600 sq ft garage with radiant floor heat.

Does this model have the emissions?
What should be looking for when I go and look at it?

Im located in Mass

Thank You

Sprinter

• Do it right the first time, its cheaper In the long run
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: Indoor Boiler
  • OWF Model: Menominee
  • In the long run
    • View Profile
Re: Central boiler cl 4436 Help
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 11:56:48 AM »

Since they were selling for $4600-4900 back in 2008-2010 new with pump and accessories. That is way too high. Even if its in great condition with all maintenance records and water tests. I'd say $2000 tops for a 6-7 year old unit in mint condition. A brand new 4036 is selling for what now $4500-$5400 depending on dealer, and or if he's motivated to clear season end inventory.
Michigan Thumber

boilerman

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: E2400 Currently CL5648 Previously
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 06:52:33 PM »

Blue, be sure you have the right model numbers here. The Classic CL4436 model was discontinued in 2005 and replaced in 2006 with the CL5036 still produced today. It was a larger unit than the CL4030 offered today as well. All CB furnaces have a data plate located on the front face above and left of the door. The manufacture date and model number would be located there. A used boiler value depends on the condition of it. Is the firebox in good condition or is there metal pitting or bad corrosion in the firebox? If it appears in good condition it might be worth up to $2,500 if it is a CL4436 which would mean it is at least 8 years old. If in bad condition you may want to avoid. You could buy todays equivalent sized CL5036 new for around $6,500. If it is the smaller CL4030 model it would be worth less and I don't think it would not be large enough for what you say you want to heat. I'm guessing you may be pushing the higher end of the 4436 model range. Neither of those models are the newer low emission models. Those would be Eclassics. Not sure what your Mass requirements are regarding buying used boilers. Does it include any pumps or exchangers?

blue968

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 06:26:29 PM »

Great information guys, Thank you so much.
I thought the price was high and I am going to pass on it.
I definitely want a no emission stove, I am out in the wood in Mass but still need to look at my state requirements/laws regarding them.

What size stove would you recommend for my home and garage?
Is there a different brand that you get a better bang for your buck?

Once again thank you

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 05:54:27 AM »

You should most certainly get a copy of the rules for Mass, I have the # in my truck for one of the top air qualities guys at Mass DEP, he would be happy I'm sure to not only send you a copy but also explain/ answer any questions you may have, I will not post it but if you like I could PM it to you.
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.