Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Greetings from new forum member  (Read 2119 times)

agriffinjd

• OWF Brand: Portage & Main
  • OWF Model: BL 3444
    • View Profile
Greetings from new forum member
« on: January 14, 2014, 08:35:08 AM »

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself before I start bombarding the site with questions... 

I'm building a new house this summer without access to natural gas.  Will be buying a Portage & Main and using an LP system as backup.  Forced air throughout the house.  I priced a geothermal system and it was still about $20,000.00 more than an LP system and a P&M.  Can't stomach the thought of paying that much more when I have acres of trees to use to heat with.  I've enjoyed clearing the building site and figure I'll enjoy collecting firewood too.  I plan on getting a semi load of logs delivered in the spring/early summer to ensure I have enough wood, and then learn how much I can collect from the property itself.
----------------
U.P. of Michigan

hoardac

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster G-200
  • OWF Model: Formerly Wooddoctor
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings from new forum member
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 08:44:40 AM »

Welcome to the site. Well you have half the battle won if you do not mind cutting up logs. That is a good idea to have some wood delivered I would even think about 2 loads just so you always have some extra seasoned. I got sick a few years back and did not have enough extra to see me through had to use some green wood and I hated it. Have two years ahead now.

AirForcePOL

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G400
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 09:02:41 AM »

Welcome to the site! Lots of great people on here that are always willing to help you out.  I hope you will enjoy your boiler as much as all of us do!
Athens, Illinois
Dealer for HeatMaster SS
Stihl MS 290
Troy Bilt 27 ton splitter

pointer80

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: woodmaster
  • OWF Model: 4400 heavy duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 01:08:47 PM »

Welcome to the forum.  I too am a newbie to the forum and have found there's a lot of knowledgeable people here.  I have owned my boiler for about 7 yrs.  and when we bought our home 20 yrs. ago it was not worth the work to burn wood even though I live on ten acres of hardwood.  Every year the price of propane went up until finally enough was enough...Bring on the wood baby!  One thing I did on my ten acres when I installed my boiler was had a REPUTABLE logger come in and select cut my woods and I took the money from the logs and put on the price of my boiler and that left me over 50 tops to cut and burn.  Love having my land work for me a little.  Good luck on your build and boiler install.

fryedaddy

• OWF Brand: Hicks Water Stove
  • OWF Model: 750 Gallon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 02:43:09 PM »

Welcome to the site, I hope you enjoy the new venture.

baldwin racing

• OWF Brand: Thermo-Control (indoor)
  • OWF Model: 500/2000 (in the insulated jacket)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 05:55:09 PM »

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself before I start bombarding the site with questions... 

I'm building a new house this summer without access to natural gas.  Will be buying a Portage & Main and using an LP system as backup.  Forced air throughout the house.  I priced a geothermal system and it was still about $20,000.00 more than an LP system and a P&M.  Can't stomach the thought of paying that much more when I have acres of trees to use to heat with.  I've enjoyed clearing the building site and figure I'll enjoy collecting firewood too.  I plan on getting a semi load of logs delivered in the spring/early summer to ensure I have enough wood, and then learn how much I can collect from the property itself.

I just wanted to welcome you to the site.... welcome to the wood burning family no matter what brand you have we all do the same thing.....burn wood for heat....lol I am shure all of us would like to see some pics when you start the install and keep us posted.....if you need any help shout we are all here to help.... :thumbup:

Kelly
husqvarna 357 xp
allis-chalmers 5050 2,100 org hrs
farmall m (set up for just tractor pulling)
farmall H

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 06:58:58 AM »

Welcome, if you will PM me with your contact info I will respond with mine, keep it handy and call if you have questions on our products or we can do it here, sometimes it takes a few days to respond here as I'm limited on time
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.