Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Which gasification model Can it be inside?  (Read 6903 times)

tomscarpt

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Which gasification model Can it be inside?
« on: January 24, 2014, 07:15:54 AM »

Ok getting ready to purchase a owb have it narrowed down to 2 models. Natures comfort 325 g  or the wood boiler llc E4.Beside's the price difference around $1000.00 can anyone who possible has one tell me the major difference pro's and con's on the 2 models.Town appoved me so did the insurance company. Looking to do this in the spring.
Second question would like to add on to my shed add on a wing (extend the length ) to keep this inside  instead of cleaning it out in the cold over the winter months .Would keep this seperate from the shed just sharing one wall and adding on its own doors. I am a builder so this isn't a problem for me. Concrete floor fireproof the common wall. ect ect. Any thought about that idea?

Any input would be a great help Thanks

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
Re: Which gasification model Can it be inside?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 07:19:01 AM »

The 325G isnt a gassifier but its usually frowned upon putting outdoor furnaces indoors, folks do it tho.
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 07:57:48 AM »

Check the UL rating on the furnaces, that will tell you if they have been approved for indoor use. The Heat Master G100 has an indoor and outdoor UL rating.
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

fryedaddy

• OWF Brand: Hicks Water Stove
  • OWF Model: 750 Gallon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 08:36:54 AM »

My stove is made to go indoors.

Like Yoder said check for UL ratings.

racnruss

• OWF Brand: Nature's Comfort gt-220 sold P&M Optimizer 250 sold now Heatmaster 10000E
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 08:53:22 AM »

Neither of those stoves look like true gasification to me.  And both going to roll smoke out the huge front door BIG TIME when you open it, so I wouldn't put it inside a building.   Maybe under a roof or something sheltered from the wind but not really enclosed.
Tree service Owner/Operator since 1997.  Central Iowa.

hondaracer2oo4

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster. Past Hardy
  • OWF Model: G200. Past H4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 09:33:21 AM »

The e4 is a phase 2 gasser.

racnruss

• OWF Brand: Nature's Comfort gt-220 sold P&M Optimizer 250 sold now Heatmaster 10000E
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 10:07:03 AM »

Whoops, my bad, I was looking at the standard.

jreimer

• OWF Brand: Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: Optimizer 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2014, 10:19:20 AM »

I believe the Portage and Main Economizer IDM 100.  This is a true gasifier that is designed to be used indoors as it has a negative pressure fan.
Shindaiwa 488
GMC Duramax 2500HD
Homemade splitter
Portage and Main Optimizer 250
Kubota B7500 w/loader
An understanding wife

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2014, 12:26:11 PM »

There are units approved for indoors, like yoder said heat master g100, also the empyre elite series as well.

They are right, u open door on the 325g and its gonna come out like a cloud.. 

If your going with a gasser u better choose a company thats been doing it a while
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

racnruss

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2014, 01:30:49 PM »

If your going with a gasser u better choose a company thats been doing it a while

I'll second that

tomscarpt

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2014, 02:52:29 PM »

Going to have to do some more  research then. Was going by the price of the unit 325g is $7500.00 anything in a gasser in that price range made for indoors. Was planning on a exhaust fan in the room as well as a gable vent for smoke. Basicly wanted it inside for cleaning it out.   
.Figured putting some lights to see at night  and staying warm while all this happens. Its been 6 to 20 degree's here .
There description says 36" clearance on all 4 sides and non combustion floor .I was thinking wood burning stove spec's like we have now in the house that's where the idea of putting it inside came from. Thanks for the input

hondaracer2oo4

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster. Past Hardy
  • OWF Model: G200. Past H4
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2014, 03:20:09 PM »

If you want a real indoor gasser then you should buy one. There are many high end models that are far less money then $7500 and they are much proven units. A greenwood http://www.greenwoodusa.com/ is just one of many companies out there.

baldwin racing

• OWF Brand: Thermo-Control (indoor)
  • OWF Model: 500/2000 (in the insulated jacket)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2014, 07:45:17 PM »

Ok getting ready to purchase a owb have it narrowed down to 2 models. Natures comfort 325 g  or the wood boiler llc E4.Beside's the price difference around $1000.00 can anyone who possible has one tell me the major difference pro's and con's on the 2 models.Town appoved me so did the insurance company. Looking to do this in the spring.
Second question would like to add on to my shed add on a wing (extend the length ) to keep this inside  instead of cleaning it out in the cold over the winter months .Would keep this seperate from the shed just sharing one wall and adding on its own doors. I am a builder so this isn't a problem for me. Concrete floor fireproof the common wall. ect ect. Any thought about that idea?

Any input would be a great help Thanks

why not look into a indoor boiler then instead of an out door boiler? the cost will be cheeper for an indoor model www.nationalstoveworks.com builds indoor model boilers that are non insulated or insulated versions....the new model 600 is a gasification stove.these boilers are pressurized units and backed with 20 year non prorated warranty......there are a few more companies making more indoor boilers now a days. like royall and so on.  If interested in a thermo-control let me know I have Tim the owners cell number that way you can talk to him direct.....good luck with your decision and let us know what you end up with........
Kelly
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 06:08:18 AM by baldwin racing »
husqvarna 357 xp
allis-chalmers 5050 2,100 org hrs
farmall m (set up for just tractor pulling)
farmall H

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2014, 06:13:29 AM »

I have G100's instock for $7,500 plus tax. Not sure what size of furnace you were looking for.
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

tomscarpt

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2014, 10:33:12 AM »

Looking at the indoor gaser they look small to me . Water tanks are like 75 gallons compared to the outdoor with 300 gallons. Sorry if these seem dumb but this is my first time buying one. The firebox also looks small  and don't look like long burn times before feeding the fire again.
 I sell firewood also so would  be burning all the chunks and odd pieces leftover as well as pine and oak would all be seasoned. Would like to be able to throw larger size pieces in to reduce splitting them down to 6" rounds. 
For size of the stove right now we have a 1500 sq ranch with a full basement and cathedral ceilings ,skylights and lots of window. 3 car garage ,hot water heater and a hot tub.Plans are to convert the excisting garage into living space install baseboard.  Add on a 3 car garage
heat the floor and a 1200 sf addition .So the house will be double in a few years .
 Open to all ideas if a outdoor gasser will out perform the indooren not having it inside will be a option.  If the indoor gasser can take larger wood and last 12 hrs  and not have to fill it every 6 to 8 hrs that would work.
Pages: [1] 2