Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: How long will a Gasser's last?  (Read 1524 times)

woodbutcher

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: MF10000e
    • View Profile
How long will a Gasser's last?
« on: August 05, 2014, 09:23:53 AM »

I have seen a lot about the new gasser and the cost is going up all the time. Since the law is going into effect on the first or 15 of Jan. the price's of the regular OWB has gone up too. My boiler is now 15 years and still going but could go at any time. I was wondering if any knows how long the gasser will last. At a burn rate of around 2000 degrees it seems to me that these units will burn out in a couple of years. Should I buy a regular model before the law goes into effect or wait until the boiler burns out and get a gasser. I burn all types of wood and don't have a building to store the wood.     
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 09:42:12 AM by Sloppy_Snood »

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
Re: How long will a Gasser's last?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 11:31:57 AM »

This is going to sound crazy but if I were in your position I would buy a quality conventional now and wait to see what we have coming up, our next gasser will be sectional because we do understand the corrosive as well as the tendency for cracking with gassers
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

woodbutcher

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: MF10000e
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 08:43:30 AM »

Slimjim, I like the design or the P&M and the website is OK but I can't find a dealer in my area of WI. I'm about 50 miles north of Milwaukee and the website won't direct me to a dealer near me. Maybe you could help, I like to see what I'm buying before I spend $9000 on a unit that might sit for a couple of years. I went to the gov. website on OWB and one place said the new law goes into effect on the 15th and another said the 1st of 2015. 

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 11:22:35 AM »

Not sure how far you are from him but call my screaming Liberal buddy out there, Dave Jacobi his # is715-214-6683, tell him the long haired Libertarian hippie sent you and he owes you a cold adult beverage
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.