Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: 10,000 mfe  (Read 8414 times)

woodbutcher

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: MF10000e
    • View Profile
Re: 10,000 mfe
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2017, 09:49:45 AM »

Does anybody know when they started putting on the electronic timer control on the HM 10000e? My sticker says it was built in Apr.2015. Sticker also said it was tested in Apr.2010. How can it be tested before it was made. I called the Company and gave my Serial no. and he said my boiler didn't come with a timer. I don't understand that they started putting the timer on after the May 1st 2015 deadline. I need someone to explain this to me.

hondaracer2oo4

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster. Past Hardy
  • OWF Model: G200. Past H4
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2017, 09:58:01 AM »

Hey you made it over here Robert. The test date is permanently printed on the tag right? That date is in all of them I believe and then they punch out the actual build date of when it was built. 

E Yoder

• OWF Model: GS 100
    • View Profile
    • www.heatmasterfurnace.com
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2017, 11:55:11 AM »

The test date is the date they did the UL test for that model. The other date is when that particular unit was manufactured.
They started using the timer when they retested with the oval firebox for 2016. These can still be shipped into the US for commercial installation.
It can be rewired to have a timer but it's not a "plug it in" type of thing.
But usually for wood burning just a bit more air leakage is all you need.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 11:56:56 AM by E Yoder »
HeatMaster dealer serving southwest VA.
www.heatmasterfurnace.com

woodbutcher

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2017, 07:39:23 AM »

Hey you made it over here Robert. The test date is permanently printed on the tag right? That date is in all of them I believe and then they punch out the actual build date of when it was built.
Stickers can be changed, but if HM didn't put the timers on until 2016 that would answer why my stove don't have one. My old CB and a metal plate with the date stamped in it.

woodbutcher

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2017, 07:51:23 AM »

The test date is the date they did the UL test for that model. The other date is when that particular unit was manufactured.
They started using the timer when they retested with the oval firebox for 2016. These can still be shipped into the US for commercial installation.
It can be rewired to have a timer but it's not a "plug it in" type of thing.
But usually for wood burning just a bit more air leakage is all you need.
That's what the tech said when I called him. He said it was not done as far as he knows, but it would take major rewiring. I watched a video of a, I think it was the MF7000e, and they added a secondary air tube up the front of the stove. When I bough my 10000e, HM didn't have the 70000e. I knew the 10000e was oversized and the 5000 would be undersized. Maybe I should have bought the C-375. I heard of someone who burns wood in a C series, but when I talked to my dealer he said that the company might not cover the warranty because of burning wood in a coal stove.     

E Yoder

• OWF Model: GS 100
    • View Profile
    • www.heatmasterfurnace.com
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2017, 09:13:37 AM »

The EPA law requires that they state that the warranty is void if you burn unapproved fuels. Any make or model. Any manufacturer is supposed to say that now. Don't know if they all do.

You'll be fine with your 10e, just don't overload it and you won't burn any more wood than a smaller unit.
HeatMaster dealer serving southwest VA.
www.heatmasterfurnace.com
Pages: 1 2 [3]