Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Important Message  (Read 6681 times)

PhinPhan

• OWF Brand: WoodMaster
  • OWF Model: 4400
    • View Profile
    • Outdoor Wood Furnace Info
Important Message
« on: February 03, 2012, 11:22:57 AM »

Dear Message Board Members,

I will be handing the message board and domain over to someone else to run and maintain.  First thing Monday morning I will be taking down the message board to transfer the domain name and message board over to the new owner.  Hopefully they will have it back up and running pretty quick.

I just want to thank everyone for a great run and making this message board what it is, when I started this in March of 2008, I honestly thought it would never turn into anything, I never thought we would even get any members. But look at it now it is a pretty big community of outdoor wood furnace users sharing there knowledge and experiences.

To all of those that donated money to keep the message board up and running, I will be issuing refunds today.

Thanks again to everyone, I really do appreciate everyone's efforts in making this message board what it is today.

PhinPhan
Pomeroy, OH
WoodMaster 4400

NewToIt

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor
  • OWF Model: XL (14,000 sq. ft.)
    • View Profile
Re: Important Message
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 11:46:22 AM »

Thanks for all you did, and the refund!!!  Will the web address, and all, be the same after the transfer?
Not so "NewToIt" anymore..... up and running for 3 yrs. now!!

mcarter

• OWF Brand: HeatMasterSS
  • OWF Model: MF5000e
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 12:17:36 PM »

Thanks for creating this forum.  It is a great place for information.  Thanks for the refund too!

Michael
HeatMasterSS MF5000E by Yoder Heating
MS 460 Stihl Magnum
Husqvarna 345
8lb Wood Splitter with 'High Performance' Fiberglass Handle
5 acres

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 02:01:43 PM »

now that the cat is out of the bag i guess for all of us here it will be ..wait and see.

Thanks Phin for all you did to bring us folks together to share in our experiences, good and bad and help one another through some of our learning curves. I hope this site remains and i also hope it can be for everyone. i know there are many dealers here now and we can still all get along. it is my wish that that if one dealer bought this site that they can see clear to not stop others from posting. the forum has grown to include may different makes and i would like to see it continue. fo all the friends i have made here you can always get hold of me. my email is in my profile

thanks everyone and i hope to see your posts on the board again

phin we can all only hope the new owner is as open minded and generous as you have been good luck in your next and all projects

WillieG
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

PhinPhan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 02:19:23 PM »

Thanks for all you did, and the refund!!!  Will the web address, and all, be the same after the transfer?

Yes, that is the plan.  I will hand everything over, so the name and all info will transfer.
Pomeroy, OH
WoodMaster 4400

PhinPhan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 02:21:17 PM »

now that the cat is out of the bag i guess for all of us here it will be ..wait and see.

Thanks Phin for all you did to bring us folks together to share in our experiences, good and bad and help one another through some of our learning curves. I hope this site remains and i also hope it can be for everyone. i know there are many dealers here now and we can still all get along. it is my wish that that if one dealer bought this site that they can see clear to not stop others from posting. the forum has grown to include may different makes and i would like to see it continue. fo all the friends i have made here you can always get hold of me. my email is in my profile

phin we can all only hope the new owner is as open minded and generous as you have been good luck in your next and all projects

WillieG

Thanks WillieG.

The new owner has said he wants to keep it as his.  I do not believe he is a dealer or manufacturer or any OWF's.
Pomeroy, OH
WoodMaster 4400

clydem

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: 5036
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 02:37:13 PM »

Thanks again....

I hope the new owner doesn't clutter the site up with advertising and other pop ups.

This site being free of ads was one of the things i liked best. 
As I mentioned in the private message I sent
you:

"I have gained answers to OWB questions without somebody trying to sell me something. I have made a few friends and learned some new tricks to save wood, save electricity, improve my OWB efficiency and better general boiler maint. You have a good site with lots of peer to peer help from people who have made mistakes and want to help prevent others from making the same mistakes. Your members have varying skill sets and are willing to help other members work through their problems and also to come up with new enhancements to run their boilers more efficiently." thanks for a GREAT THINK TANK
Clyde Messinger
President Great Lakes Internet Inc.
CB5036    inst: 11/20/11
Stihl MS280C  WOODPECKER 24T Log Splitter
JD 4600,  G27 IWB
Michigan's Thumb north of Port Huron

'When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.'

Member: MGO, USCCA, MCRGO, GOA, GSSF, NRA,

MattyNH

• OWF Brand: Crown Royal former Aqua-Therm
  • OWF Model: 7300E ; S-275
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 02:53:50 PM »

PhinPhan Thank you! Really great forum. Tons of information, advice, and even meeting people..It doesn't surprise me that this forum became big than what you thought..Outdoor wood /pellet boilers are everywhere and they will continue to grow as oil/propane continue to rise..Hopefully the new owner will keep it the same or make little changes..Not big ones lol..
Crown Royal 7300E (2021)
Aqua-Therm S-275 (2006)
Jonsered 2188
Jonsered 2165
Jonsered 2050
Timberwolf- TWP1 5.5 Honda 25in wood splitter
American CLS- AM48HH 8 Honda 48in wood splitter
Kubota L3800DT
Lake Winnipesaukee New Hampshire

lugnut

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 08:31:23 PM »

WillieG

Phin...ditto on EVERYTHING Willie typed.  And thank you for the refund, wasn't expecting that.  Good luck in the future with whatever you do and don't be a stranger.  Sure hope this board stays together as MANY of us have made new sight unseen friends all through one common bond...to screw the utility companies.  LOL!

Lugnut
aka: Jerry
Jerry
Greenleaf, Wisconsin
Shaver Pro series 250 - Installed 10/28/2011
Cub Cadet / Yanmar 2450  sub-compact tractor
Husquvarna 455 Rancher
1999 Ford F-150 4x4 w/207k miles

Bull

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: Rebuilt H2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 09:04:22 PM »

It has already been said but Thanks Phin for all the work you put into this site. I have learned a lot and met some great people. I am sure things will run smoothly with the new owner.
Bill aka Bull
Southern Indiana
Just outside of the "Small Town"

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2012, 11:16:07 AM »

Thanks for starting this phinphan.

I sure hope hope hope it doesn't fall apart or change...

I was a day late :(
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

Dirtslinger

• OWF Brand: Woodmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2012, 11:59:34 AM »

Thanks Phinphan
I sure hope it stays the same.
Dirtslinger
Brockway, PA

dumbodog00

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2012, 01:51:30 PM »

Thanks for making the site what it is!  Hopefully everything remains the same. 

martyinmi

• OWF Brand: Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: Optimizer 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2012, 06:33:40 PM »

Cory,
   You should have just kept the $25. You can't imagine how much I've saved by not doing a few dumb things that I otherwise would have done had this site not been here. This site is the most helpful OWB site there is.

Marty
Newholland TZ-25da
30+ Chain Saws
'05 Dodge Diesel
Michigander
TSC 35 Ton Splitter

hddmax66

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: 6048
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2012, 06:43:25 PM »

I may have missed this but can i ask why it is being sold?
Pages: [1] 2