Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: aqua stack  (Read 7176 times)

sstan

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
aqua stack
« on: February 25, 2009, 07:54:15 AM »

I saw a post on one of the threads about something called "aqua stack" (http://www.aquastack.com/)   unit that drops into the chimmney to reclaim some of the heat loss. Has anyone gotten one of these?  Just curiouse of how it works and if it is worth it?
Steve from Windsor NY
using an NCB- 175

ruger

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Re: aqua stack
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 11:38:28 AM »

any one try it??

ruger

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile

juddspaintballs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 12:31:44 PM »

Cooling the smoke in the chimney will cause creosote to build up in the chimney.  Unless you clean it frequently, it will eventually burn.  Hopefully it won't burn down your house. 

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 01:06:21 PM »

If your furnace is outside why would it matter if you had a flue fire? Some of the less efficient furnaces ( I'm don't want to name names because then I will be yelled at for complaining about another brand) already have flame coming out the chimney under normal operation.
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

Russ Brumit

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 10:17:56 PM »

Bud you are relentless !   Everywhere you go your hatin . Guy puts up a good interesting thread and here you are still bashing other products . What a loser  !
Shaver  Series 290
443-907-7455

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 10:33:14 PM »

Bud you are relentless !   Everywhere you go your hatin . Guy puts up a good interesting thread and here you are still bashing other products . What a loser  !

LOL...   sheww..  did you automatically think he was talking about shaver?

he didnt' say a word that wasn't true.  I've seen Hardy stoves shoot flames 3 feet above the firebox before, and also blowing smoke 25' straight up!  I thought it looked like an old steam engine.
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

Russ Brumit

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 11:43:05 PM »

Doesn't matter who he was talking about.  Its not necessary. Just another comment to show his lack of character. You guys are constantly bringing this forum down with negative remarks.
Shaver  Series 290
443-907-7455

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 08:15:44 AM »

His whole point is what does it matter if you have a flu fire?? 
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2011, 08:35:31 AM »

Oh Russ, you make me laugh. I could say boo and you would automatically start complaining I am being degrading toward ghosts.
 As far as Scott and I constantly bringing down the forum that is a laugh also. I would guess that the two of us have more experience installing furnaces than everyone else on here combined. Two professionals who are nice enough to take time to answer questions. You don't see all the messages ( I've had 68) that we receive asking for help on installations. We are donating our time and our experience helping people. Like I said before, if you can't take a honest discussion about furnaces then don't post on a forum.
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

ruger

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2011, 08:48:48 AM »

not the help i was looking for

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2011, 09:16:27 AM »

Ruger, why don't you try it and let us know. Like I said before, I don't think it could hurt anything.
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2011, 02:20:21 PM »

i have a section of 8 inch pipe 42 inches long with a 6 inch inside it. this spring i am going to cut my 8 inch chimney and insert this piece and run my water through it before going into the water tank surrounding the furnace. I made it this way so i still have a nice round chimney that is easy to clean if need be. i doubt it will need cleaning as a few minutes with the door open during a raging fire seems to clean well, I have never had to clean it in 10 years yet.

home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

juddspaintballs

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2011, 06:21:18 PM »

Ah, I didn't realize the aquastack went in the chimney of a OWB.  I thought it was meant for a house.  By all means, a flue fire isn't a big deal on a OWB.

jackel440

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2011, 08:08:58 PM »

Yet you are the first to post in this thread with nothing pertaining to the original thread.Then you talk about "character" in your next post , and ,right here you are name calling like a 3rd grader.
 ::)
I have seen a few post from you like this,and I don't see what you bring to the forum as bringing the board "up?"
I am glad folks like Willie, Yoder and a few others are here to give information on thier time.As I know they install and work on these furnaces all the time.

Now to the original poster.I think those are a novel way to recapture lost btu's as the exit the stack.Even if there was a build up of creosote.A fire in the stack would just help heat up more water. :thumbup:
Perhaps having a good cap ,and spark arrestor would be a good idea.
Doesn't Natures Comfort have a stack in thier regular boilers that are water jacketed to do the same thing?

LPK-440 wood gasification furnace
New Holland LS170
24' Titan deckover gooseneck
96' Dodge Ram 2500 V10 4x4
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV
Pages: [1] 2