Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: First time firing the new ML30..  (Read 4106 times)

Freekazoidd

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: ML30
    • View Profile
First time firing the new ML30..
« on: September 11, 2012, 04:15:55 AM »

It is starting to get cooler out at night now and I was thinking about firing up the the ML30 that we got at the beginning of the year. Is there anything specific that should be done?  I have filled it up and drained it before I hooked up my lines, then when I hooked up my lines I filled it to flush them out and drained it again. There is no leaks that I can see when I turn the pumps on to cycle it through my heat exchanger....Houston, do I have a go?

Thanks guys

Freek

Trint

• OWF Model: ml 30
    • View Profile
Re: First time firing the new ML30..
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 05:53:47 AM »

Check to make sure the plate on the blower is partly open and set your desired boiler temps
North Central Ohio

Freekazoidd

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 07:43:22 PM »

Well,  the ML30 has been running for a week now without any problems. Just ran the plumbing to the garage to start setting up heat in there. Things are falling into place fairly easy.  :thumbup:

hawken

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 03:57:54 AM »

will be good to keep track of how much wood burned and what temperature the days and night were, think they have a really good design and unit

Freekazoidd

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 05:43:15 AM »

Just a little update, the garage is now heated from the ML30. I have not really noticed any more wood consumption.  What I have noticed is alot of creosote buildup. I suppose my wood is not as dry as I thought it was. Sometimes I get alot of moisture when I open the door. I think this may dissipate when the furnace starts to run a little more and burn more often.  I also installed a culvert for the chimney instead of going with the double walled insulated pipe. It was only 20 dollars and is 20'+ as opposed to the 170 for 3' of the other.  I will post pictures later of the whole setup later.

wrudoing

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 06:56:17 AM »

You have to keep the gases warm till they exit the stack that is the reason for the insuated flue pipe,  you will have a plugged chimney very shortly.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 05:34:05 PM by wrudoing »

Freekazoidd

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2012, 07:42:28 PM »

You have to keep the gases warm till they exit the stack that is the reason for the insuated flue pipe,  you will have a plugged chimney very shortly.

What part of the chimney will plug up? The 12" culvert, or the 6" double insulated pipe to the culvert?

franky1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2012, 07:30:07 AM »

I believe your part that is not insulated will cause condensation, and start sticking on the walls and eventually plug up ,,all of your stack should be insulated, that way, your inside will stay dry and only dust should be seen in there.
And that can be scraped back and around and pushed down into the firepot,where you can catch it in the ash pan.
thanks