Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Built my fire today! Oct.2nd  (Read 5339 times)

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
Built my fire today! Oct.2nd
« on: October 02, 2010, 07:58:22 PM »

With a good cold front moving in me itching to start burning I fired up my natures comfort 175 today.  Threw in some junky wood around 3:00 and by 4:00 we were at 150degrees where my aquastat is set.  It hasn't hardly burned any wood and is doing as it should by 9:50.  The next 3 days are supposed to be highs around 54 and lows in the 30-35 mark so we'll need some heat. 

I know some are probably wondering why my aquastat is at 150 instead of 180.  I know some guys who have Taylor stoves and cheap water line.  The water leaves there stove at 180 and enters at 150.  I leave at 150 and see no detectable heat loss.  So I figur since they can heat at 150 why can't I just run my stove lower?  I'm trying it, so we'll see
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

jackel440

• View Profile
Re: Built my fire today! Oct.2nd
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 08:40:04 PM »

awesome! I know it is only supposed to be in the mid 50's tomorrow here.I wish my stove was done so I could fire it up also.
I think it is interesting that your running it at a lower temp.I will be curious to see your results.So, please keep us updated on if you leave it there or have to raise the temp up.
How long have you had your NC stove?
LPK-440 wood gasification furnace
New Holland LS170
24' Titan deckover gooseneck
96' Dodge Ram 2500 V10 4x4
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 09:34:50 PM »

I started selling nc in march of this year.  I'm going to try it at these lower temps and then adjust.  Temperature out of my registers a while ago was around 104.  I know that it can be higher than that, but whether it needs to be I'll wait and see.
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 09:20:37 AM »

update:  last night there was probably 3 8" pieces in my firebox at around 10 oclock.  I went to bed and the temps got into the 30's last  night and are still in the 40's.  The house temp is set on 74 degrees and its working perfectly. 
my aquatstat is on 150.  the temperature out of my registers a while ago was about 108. I didnt have anything to check with beside the laser style gun.  But I was happy with that. 

The most amazing part when i woke up though, was to look in my firebox and those 3 pieces of wood were still there, black and burnt some, but still in tact.  I threw another smal piece on top of those around 10 and walked off feeling good!  With this being my first OWB, I find myself running outside every hour just to look! 
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

jackel440

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 01:13:48 PM »

that sounds good. :thumbup:
Glad to here it's working out for you
LPK-440 wood gasification furnace
New Holland LS170
24' Titan deckover gooseneck
96' Dodge Ram 2500 V10 4x4
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 08:28:13 PM »

It's not even cold weather yet and the only thing I can say about my OWB is that I'm disappointed I didnt get one when I first got my place.  All these years I've thrown money down the tubes to heat water and my home.  Now my ncb 175 is taking care of that flawlessly.  Nights here have been dipping down to the low 30's a few nights now so it won't be long til we get to try her out in some COLD!
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697