Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Central Boiler vs Hawken Energy?  (Read 8935 times)

dlchambers

• View Profile
Central Boiler vs Hawken Energy?
« on: October 24, 2010, 01:22:41 PM »

I'm new; sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place.

Can anyone offer experience-based opinions on whether to choose Central Boiler or Hawken Energy? (or neither!)
For example, a Central E-Classic 2400 or a Hawken HE-1100.

I'm interested in any/all datapoints: reliability, usability, output, fuel consumption, value.

Any feedback would be most welcome!

-Dave

jackel440

• View Profile
Re: Central Boiler vs Hawken Energy?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 02:00:23 PM »

I would go to the forum and look at all threads in each brand and see what kind of problems seam to be most common to each model.Takes time to glean through them but that is the best way.You might also consider just posting in each brand's section.
Or maybe some owners will comment on this thread for you if they see it. :thumbup:
LPK-440 wood gasification furnace
New Holland LS170
24' Titan deckover gooseneck
96' Dodge Ram 2500 V10 4x4
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 06:52:03 PM »

if your wanting gasification i would also look at the Natures comfort GT220.  better price, outstanding quality
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

Scratch

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: CB6048
    • View Profile
    • Edge Metalworks
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 06:09:36 PM »

I have a CB 6048 and I can tell you I'm very happy with it, and have had no problems.  I can also tell you my next door neighbor, (my brother)  has had a CB 6048 (the earlier version) for at least 10 years, burns garbage in it, has only added the additives once or twice, never checks the PH or anything, boils it often, and has also had no problems.  I'm sure the Hawken is a great unit also, but can't give you any feedback on them.

It might be hard for one of us to give you a good comparison since most of us have probably never owned both.
Hudson, WI

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 06:15:47 PM »

I have a CB 6048 and I can tell you I'm very happy with it, and have had no problems.  I can also tell you my next door neighbor, (my brother)  has had a CB 6048 (the earlier version) for at least 10 years, burns garbage in it, has only added the additives once or twice, never checks the PH or anything, boils it often, and has also had no problems.  I'm sure the Hawken is a great unit also, but can't give you any feedback on them.

It might be hard for one of us to give you a good comparison since most of us have probably never owned both.

you cant draw any comparison between gasification units and the regular type owb's either. 
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697