Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Best time of year to buy owb  (Read 3673 times)

truecountry

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: MF5000 SS
    • View Profile
Best time of year to buy owb
« on: January 22, 2011, 07:43:13 PM »

Is there a better time of year to buy a owb ... Or do they run the same price year around?

1grnlwn

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Re: Best time of year to buy owb
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 08:52:37 PM »

Well they are mostly steel, so I would say steel temp dictates  price.  Plus there is a lot of innovation going on so older models may be cheaper.

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 09:00:37 PM »

Right now there is a high demand for furnaces so I doubt you will see many lower prices any time soon.
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

truecountry

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 10:20:36 PM »

yoder we are far a part in install ...i unstand that .. but what if we did install and you delievered would it be cheaper and warrenty still stand

truecountry

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 10:25:44 PM »

oh and yoder as far as i can see i would need 150 feet of line .. message me cost plus heat exchange prices

1grnlwn

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 05:25:50 AM »

I would consider this off time to buy an OWB .  I installed mine in December of 09 and that was not the time to be trying to do that. BBBRrrrrr.

tulenutn2o

• OWF Brand: HeatSource1
  • OWF Model: Earth Energy 190
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 08:31:22 AM »

I would consider this off-time myself. Especially for new wood burners as chances are they are not going to have a good supply of wood built up. Early spring is probably good too!

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 09:39:51 AM »

For me the busy season starts in August and normally goes through early January. Late January through the early part of April is moderately busy. Late April through early July you couldn't give a furnace away and then it starts picking up through the end of July.  If you are looking for a time to find a deal I would suggest June. By this time dealers have gone through several months of very slow sales and are ready to move product. I normally plan for this and keep innovatory low and  have a little money set aside so I will not feel the need to discount.
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

truecountry

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2011, 08:19:13 PM »

For me the busy season starts in August and normally goes through early January. Late January through the early part of April is moderately busy. Late April through early July you couldn't give a furnace away and then it starts picking up through the end of July.  If you are looking for a time to find a deal I would suggest June. By this time dealers have gone through several months of very slow sales and are ready to move product. I normally plan for this and keep innovatory low and  have a little money set aside so I will not feel the need to discount.
... My wife is a part owner of a family operated company in hvac , furniture and appliances .. so yes yoder i agree with the way you do .. they have price set on all for year around .. weather cold, hot ,summer ,winter, tax season ,... I'm new to the owb and really think it can save me money on electric bill and warmer home ... You pay for what you get is the way i see it and if it took me 3 years to get wife to agree i want to do it Right...