Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: P&M ML30 - First Impressions  (Read 9701 times)

lastofthejedi

• View Profile
Re: P&M ML30 - First Impressions
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2011, 12:06:39 AM »

This is my first season with the ML30.  Build quality details are impressive and it seems to be quite efficient.  I have the fan cover wide open and temp set at 170 with a 10 degree differential, as per a phone conversation with Rory from P&M.  He was really pushing the idea of testing my water regularly to ensure that the pH remains around 9-10.  I'll likely turn the water temp up 5 degrees when it gets cold and lower the temp differential to 5 degrees or so.
Happy P&M customer thus far.

martyinmi

• OWF Brand: Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: Optimizer 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2011, 04:28:17 AM »

Glad you are happy with your ML30. I've not heard of anyone that was unhappy with the way the 30's perform. P&M makes a ML25 now thats rated for up to 3000 sq. ft. I'm wondering how folks are liking it.
   Welcome to this site. There's a lot of valuable information on these pages. Most of us have burned wood for a lot of years and we still learn from here almost on a daily basis.

Marty
Newholland TZ-25da
30+ Chain Saws
'05 Dodge Diesel
Michigander
TSC 35 Ton Splitter

lp7734

• Training Wheels
  • Just learning
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2011, 05:55:25 AM »

well just added 9 more feet of stack that puts me at 21 feet (a little to close to buildings so the start up smoke can be bothersome). Do any of you run rain caps?
Lance
Ohio
P&M ML30

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2011, 08:14:53 AM »

Yea I always encourage folks to buy rain caps if there stoves do not come with one standard.  If you had a 20 foot chimney you wouldn't want one with a spark arrestor as it would be hard to clean, but a good stainless cap would be a good idea.
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697
Pages: 1 [2]