Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: What outdoor furnace to buy  (Read 1694 times)

Jared1982

• OWF Brand: None
  • OWF Model: -
    • View Profile
What outdoor furnace to buy
« on: January 05, 2014, 05:26:46 PM »

Hi I'm in the market to buy a new outdoor furnace. My house is new with 6" foam insulation and a full basement. Total of 3800 sf. My utility bills aren't horrible but high enough in the winter months. I've looked at most outdoor wood furnaces but can't decide on one. Any honest advice is appreciated.

baldwin racing

• OWF Brand: Thermo-Control (indoor)
  • OWF Model: 500/2000 (in the insulated jacket)
    • View Profile
Re: What outdoor furnace to buy
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 07:23:20 PM »

Hi I'm in the market to buy a new outdoor furnace. My house is new with 6" foam insulation and a full basement. Total of 3800 sf. My utility bills aren't horrible but high enough in the winter months. I've looked at most outdoor wood furnaces but can't decide on one. Any honest advice is appreciated.

Jared,
welcome to the site... first ? is can you run reg owd boiler or are you in the epa states?  2 nd ? is look at all your option see what boilers would work best for you....open system or pressurized. they will all last a long time if taken proper maintance of. I went with an indoor model in an insulated jacket..that is pressurized unit.. When I get my shop finished this spring I will get the hot water from boiler plus get the conventional heat off boiler door, stack as well.....this was best suited for me and was backed with a 20 year nonprorated warranty.....I happen to know the owner of the company as well... I wish you the best of luck there are a lot to choose from....lol, if you need any info on my style boiler let me know....but I am not a dealer...

Kelly
husqvarna 357 xp
allis-chalmers 5050 2,100 org hrs
farmall m (set up for just tractor pulling)
farmall H

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
Re: What outdoor furnace to buy
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 06:06:10 AM »

You started at the right place, Welcome. You will find the members here very helpful and sometimes very confused, there are many different brands represented here with thier own threads, I happen to represent Portage and Main boilers and will be happy to try and answer any questions you may have about our product line and or installation.
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.