Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: cold feet  (Read 6245 times)

martyinmi

• OWF Brand: Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: Optimizer 250
    • View Profile
Re: cold feet
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2012, 06:26:11 AM »

:post: :post:

Very good posting Dan.
We used to go through 1000-1500 gallons of fuel oil before my first OWB. At over 3 bucks/gallon, that's a minimum cost savings of 3k/year.
We also save $60-$80/month on hot water electricity costs for more than half the year.
I am at the age where I really need the little bit of extra exercise that processing firewood provides. It's very hard to put a price on what the exercise might be worth, but I factor it in as an added benefit and not an associated cost.
And like you Dan, processing firewood gives me a perfect excuse to get out of doing things that are unimportant to me(hanging out with in laws, participating in her snooty friends activities,etc.) :thumbup:

I'm on my 7th year with an OWB, and I feel the system has paid for itself at least two times already.

AND...I have a pretty cool  chainsaw collection my bride isn't totally aware of yet ;) :) 
Newholland TZ-25da
30+ Chain Saws
'05 Dodge Diesel
Michigander
TSC 35 Ton Splitter

walkerdogman85

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: H-4
    • View Profile
Re: cold feet
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2012, 07:56:18 AM »

I have tried to send you a message not sure if it went through so ill try again. We were not on the budget the 250 was what they said it would be but we heated with wood inside last year and our highest bill was 297what with a mild winter. This year our bills have been 110-120 which my wife and two girls leave everything on. We are glad we did unlimited hot water. But in two months I have burnt two cords heating 1600 square feet and the basement and using alot of hot water. We went with hardy cause there are multiple dealers close and alot of people have them. My total cost was 9600 but after watching him do it though I would do my own install. Any more questions ill be glad to try and help. Thank you
Michael West
Central Ohio
Pages: 1 [2]