Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Air in lines  (Read 2273 times)

MO_Hunter

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Heatmaster SS
  • OWF Model: CS-4000
    • View Profile
Air in lines
« on: February 07, 2014, 12:18:07 PM »

Guys,

I just made some modifications to my plumbing on my system.  It was plumb through a heat exchanger tied into a propane boiler in the house.  I just went to running just my OWB since I was having major heat loss at the heat exchanger and was never going to use that old boiler but will add new in house system in a few years..

Question is now there is some air in the lines.  Do I just wait until it works its way out of the system?  I was thinking since it is open at the overflow that the air will work its way out.  I have floor board registers can try to burb each one if need be but will have to get the right wrench to do so..

MO_Hunter

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Re: Air in lines
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 10:03:52 AM »

I put in a valve two fill OWB from main water supply inside house.  Put it in place so that if zone valves are open the water will flow through zones before reaching boiler.  So what I did was open all zone valves and push water from main supply throughout the whole system.  Once I got a steady line of water coming out of overflow stack I closed it down.

This should of push all the air out of lines.  House did get nice and warm last night 76 deg. so I think I am good.  It is the first time all season that I got all the zones in my house above 64 deg when outside temps was in single digits.

One thing about having issues is it really makes you learn about how it is suppose to work.

Thanks to everyone for your help.

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 10:13:03 AM »

Sounds good, its hard to give advice in those situations when you cant see it.  Glad its doing better tho
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

MO_Hunter

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 12:43:46 PM »

I understand.  If I owned he house before it was installed I would of known more.  I had never even seen a OWB until we bought this house.