Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Does Anyone Know if There is an Optimumn tempeture to set for the wood doctor  (Read 3271 times)

PatrickfromPA

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile

Hello,

Looking for some info on increasing my efficiency of burning and just wondering if anyone had discovered a temp. that was optimum for the wood doctor old school without gasification. i believe the size is the 14000

patrick
OWB-wood doctor XL champion series
installed 1-16-2010
uses for my OWB-
heat house/garage- Air condition house/garage-
working on using the seebeck/thompson effect to generate electricity

hoardac

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster G-200
  • OWF Model: Formerly Wooddoctor
    • View Profile

I run mine @ 150f in the spring and fall and 180f winter seems to work real good. The biggest factor I have found is having seasoned firewood. If you are tapping into an existing boiler system then you want to use 180f or a little more all the time.

oldchenowth

I run my 5000 at 180-185 with the 3 speed pump on high to keep it from boiling over.  It seems to burn better and longer with fewer ashes and keeps the creosote much more in check.  I have a terrible problem with creosote in the brather tube and the stack if it does not burn towards the top of the temp range.  Maybe 14000 is different, but the 5000 is a little picky

coonsrich@yahoo.com

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: WoodDoctor
  • OWF Model: BP 8000
    • View Profile

My 8000 is set at 170-190.  I find the hotter the better.  Burn only seasoned dry wood.  I also insulated the original short stack chimney and added 8 feet of stainless steel insulated chimney.  I have virtually no smoke or smell from my clean burning unit.  Wood Dr. is out of business so with the modifications this is now a coonserville stove.