Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Little heat after circulator replacement  (Read 2093 times)

Nick

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor
  • OWF Model: HE 8000
    • View Profile
Little heat after circulator replacement
« on: November 29, 2012, 07:50:54 PM »

I recently had to replace the circulator pump on my non-pressurized wood doctor. The pump the stove was installed with was a Grundfos UP26-99 which is no longer available. They crossed it to a Grundfos UPS26-99 3-speed pump. The problem I am having is it doesn’t seem to be producing enough heat to my forced air plenum. Last winter I had all kinds of heat and even cracked the windows all winter long. Now, I can’t seem to get enough heat blowing up thru the floor grates. I measured the temperature at the grate and it is only 26 Celcius therefore causing the blower to run continuosly to bring my home up to a warm temperature. I have tried draining some water from the supply line ahead of the circulator and also removed the coil in the plenum to see if it was plugged. I also tried all 3 speeds on the circulator with same results. The supply side of the coil is very hot to touch but the return is not. This new UPS26-99 circulator has a check valve in it where the original didnt.

It is getting pretty cold these days and any help or suggestions would bve appreciated.

Thank you,