Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Winkler Manitoba  (Read 5839 times)

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
Winkler Manitoba
« on: February 19, 2015, 07:44:02 PM »

OK, Flying over Winkler, My first thoughts were, man oh man why do all the major OWB manufacturers in North America have their plants located within about 3 hours of each other, HeatMaster gave me the answer today, it's simple really, the first OWB was invented right in this 3 hour region, that company as many do is long since out of business but it separated into the companies that we now have as competitors, each with it's own Ideas of the perfect OWB. Let me say that as a man who lives in the most forested state in the continental US (Maine) that seeing Winkler from the air, I don't think that Manitoba, say nothing of Winkler has enough firewood in the whole province to supply my house and garage with firewood for more than a few years, it is amazing to me to see how flat and barren of trees this area is, I guess that is a very good reason to build a boiler that burns as little wood as possible, in an absolutely frigid climate with as few issues as possible. I spent the day today touring the factory here at HeatMaster, seeing the G-400 being built in it's different stages, learning how and why the G series works, watching the Quality control checks in the assembly, talking with the employees and owners, I will say this, I am very glad that I took the trip, I am very glad that I met the owners of HeatMaster in person, that they spent lots of time with me and welcomed me in to their plant, no secrets, wander around and talk to whom you wish, they have a philosophy that I agree with wholeheartedly, if we have an issue, let's do our best to catch it and fix it here in a 70 degree factory setting and if we don't then let's take care of the customer we have before looking for a new one, WOW, I think I have heard that somewhere, wait a minute, I think I said that before!
 Long story, short version guys, other than the delayed flights, no cigars for over 12 hours thanks to TSA and cramped seating on packed full planes, this has been a great trip, I am now very proud to say that I am more than happy to represent HeatMaster boilers in the Northeast region of these United States, bear with me folks on the stuff I don't know about the products, my brain ain't smart enough to take it all in in a few days but I know I will have the support of HeatMaster and it's crew. Thank You Ryan for believing in me I will not let you down!
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

Sluggo

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster SS
  • OWF Model: 20,000e
    • View Profile
Re: Winkler Manitoba
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 08:31:29 PM »

Maybe that's why Ryan hasn't got back to me in a couple of weeks!  I can't wait til you figure Heatmaster out inside and out, we are going to have fun. 
Stihl 441
Stihl 660
Stihl 029 Farm Boss
Bobcat T190
Grapple
Farmi 501 Winch
2015 3500 Crew Cab HIGH COUNTRY Duramax

aries9245

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Cl6048
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 04:15:17 AM »

Congrats again Slim best of luck on ur new journey...
Joe
Dodge 5500 dump
Ford f450 dump
Cat 303cr excavator
Cat 246 skid steer
Kubota l4610 tractor
2 sthil farm boss saws
Homemade 4way splitter w/log lift ( the terminator)

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 05:09:51 AM »

I agree Ryan is the one of the best guys I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with. I'm sure you are going to do well working with them.
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

CountryBoyJohn

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: MF 10,000 E
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 06:06:04 AM »

It seems like every day I get on this website and talk to people around and it makes me more confident I picked the right stove!!  Thanks for the update slim!  I know many of us would love to hear more about the factory and what you took away from it.  If you get any inquiries in SW Indiana, give me a shout!  I'm happy to spread the good word! 
2013 F250 6.2L Lariat
Stihl MS290
DHT 27 Ton Log Splitter
Woodchuck Log Jack
56, 57, 58 Ferguson TO-35
Knox County, IN

farmboythegreat

• OWF Brand: freisen
  • OWF Model: 33hd
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 07:18:35 AM »

hehehe  how  ya  like Winterpeg ?
 :thumbup:
Muir Ontario Canada

Dan76

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: heatmaster
  • OWF Model: 5000E
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2015, 04:35:54 PM »

Thanks for sharing Slim!  Nice you can make it out to Manitoba.  If you go an hour North West of Winkler were I am you would find a lot more trees and hills.  Winkler has some of the best farm land in Manitoba so much of it is cleared.  I love my heatmaster and having a guy like Ryan or his brother Devon to deal with makes it even better. :thumbup:
Manitoba, Canada.

coolidge

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2015, 02:59:33 AM »

Sounds like a good trip,can't wait to see the 400 c in action.
Western Maine

mag1266

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: heatmor
  • OWF Model: 200
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2015, 10:12:26 AM »

too bad the Jets aren't playing at home tonight not sure what else there is to do :(

mtoll

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2015, 07:30:58 PM »

Slim, great post. Im looking forward to hearing more about the HeatMaster plant. This is my first year with a OWB and so far Im really happy with the HeatMaster. I did some calculations and have right at 3700 sf ft of area Im heating. Think that's pushing limit of the 5000E. The nights that we have had below O temps and wind chill of -25 + house stayed 70 and comfortable with 10 and 11 hour burns with not so season wood. Cant ask more of my HeatMaster 5000E. Think you made a good move, they make a great OWB.       
Wife Rodeos, have 5 Barrel racing horses
Ride HD Road Glide
Vet  USN / USMC

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2015, 03:26:05 AM »

Thanks to all of you for your best wishes, I think this will be a great partnership, I was a bit leery at first to start over with a new company but my concerns were all addressed, Now we can work on helping more folks burn wood! I can't wait for the shows to start, if any of you have some Ideas of  logging or farm expo's and such that you would like to see us at, Please forward your Idea's to me. I will be concentrating on the Northeast but as well Scott and Yoder if you guys need help manning up a show just let me know, perhaps we can make it happen.

userdk

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster SS
  • OWF Model: G 400
    • View Profile
    • Outdoor Wood Furnaces - Pineview Woodstoves
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2015, 12:53:09 PM »

Ryan's dad has quite a history. Must have made 10+ brands over the years. Heatmaster is, in my opinion, the best of all designs, compiled into one. Don't want to offend anyone though.  :) Welcome to the crowd.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 01:05:14 PM by userdk »

atvalaska

• OWF Brand: aqua-therm
  • OWF Model: coal one 275
  • 907, no vacancy !
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2015, 10:29:18 PM »

Thanks to all of you for your best wishes, I think this will be a great partnership, I was a bit leery at first to start over with a new company but my concerns were all addressed, Now we can work on helping more folks burn wood! I can't wait for the shows to start, if any of you have some Ideas of  logging or farm expo's and such that you would like to see us at, Please forward your Idea's to me. I will be concentrating on the Northeast but as well Scott and Yoder if you guys need help manning up a show just let me know, perhaps we can make it happen.
so is p&m being taken to the woodshed?

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2015, 03:12:16 AM »

No ATV, not by me at least, Brian and his family have been very good to me over the years, I simply was made an offer that is good for me, I like the product a lot, I think Jake and I are a lot alike in that we have both worked with several manufacturers and that experience has been used to create a hybrid boiler that makes a lot of sense, I see HeatMaster going to the top of the heap here in the northeast and I want to be part of it, my first load of stoves is arriving this morning, anybody in the area is more than welcome to stop by and see where technology as well as common sense has taken this industry, we will be running a G 400 here at my place and a G 200 at the shows, I am trying to update the shows for this year, they will be posted on the HeatMaster website soon.

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2015, 06:23:08 AM »

Cool beans my friend, It's a good feeling to be able to still work with a product you believe in.

Wish I was closer to your area, I have two Heatmaster dealers in the area, that is if you call a little better than a hour drive to either one "in the area" and neither has a G series actually hooked up and running at their properties.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana