Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Got owb going last night but fire goes out over night!  (Read 9235 times)

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
Re: Got owb going last night but fire goes out over night!
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2012, 08:29:01 PM »

For an extra piece of wood you can sure improve the life of your boiler, how is that not worth it?
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2012, 10:39:04 PM »

I'm not trying to start a big argument but it seems to me that just because the return water would be 140 doesn't mean the inside of the firebox would be that cold. If the return temps are cold the furnace would kick on and the firebox would be much hotter than the water temps. And the other thing I wonder about is when the furnace isn't being used, then its cold all the time and could be sweating on cool damp days.
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2012, 10:18:43 AM »

Yoder if the furnace isn't being used then the there is no moisture being released by the burning of hydrocarbons, it's just a simple part of the equation, you burn wood or anything like that and the moisture has to go somewhere.

It's scientific fact that moisture will gather on steel that's cooler than 136 degrees, wille even pored some links from the candaian govt I beleive about to never slow your boiler to see temps that low..

The steel can only get as hot as the water on the other side of it, I can hold a cutting torch on a paper cup and can't burn the cup until the water jumps out of the cup.

So if you have return water coming back at 110-120 or whatever where that water encounters the firebox it makes a cool spot where moisture can gather.

Central and Empyre aren't making folks install boiler protection because they want to, it's because it's very important, they don't want to have to add cost to there products but by doing so, there protecting the boiler. 

All boilers have Primary and secondary loops no matter if it's wood, gas, oil, whatever, ite been done that way for decades, the owb industry is just now catching up to that however.
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

johnybcold

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic E1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2012, 06:34:54 PM »

Getting technical here, me man man cold fire hot me burn make fire done
old truck
old craftsman chain saw
Polaris Sportsman 500HO

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2012, 07:01:21 PM »

Getting technical here, me man man cold fire hot me burn make fire done

Dont your boiler have a a thermostatic valve?
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

johnybcold

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic E1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2012, 07:49:51 PM »

I got mine last year it did not come with one, but my buddy got a CB a few months ago and they come with it and have to have it installed or the warranty could be voided
old truck
old craftsman chain saw
Polaris Sportsman 500HO

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2012, 07:57:00 PM »

I got mine last year it did not come with one, but my buddy got a CB a few months ago and they come with it and have to have it installed or the warranty could be voided

Yep all new empyre and cb gassers require it as valid warranty, it's coming to all boiler models at some point..  It's just the conventional market is a different group of buyers there looking to stay on the cheap and it's hard to push an idea that most can't grasp
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

duke

• OWF Model: MF5000
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2012, 10:03:43 AM »

Im set at 170 w/ 15 deg swing right now been on since september 15, lows in 50s, I havent had it go out at all, but like scott said you need to get a good bed of coals. After reading this post i may go ahead and turn my temp to 175.
06 Duramax
08 Polaris Ranger XP
MS 310
28 ton Swisher

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2012, 09:54:14 PM »

I've already had a couple members email me and say hey, I moved my temp from 150-175 and now my stove is much dryer/cleaner inside.  That's one of the benefits as well
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

lasor1

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster ss
  • OWF Model: Heatmaster mf 5000
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2012, 09:31:08 PM »

Yeah I been running mine on 175 now and it has been running great I guess I just need to get a bed of hot coals going and it has run great ever since. I thought it may have went out a time or too but if you run good seasoned wood it burns hardly any smoke only time I see it smoke is when the furnace gets up to temp and damper closes and blower shuts off I see a little cloud of smoke for a min or two the. It is barley noticed anymore. These furnaces are way more efficient than my old indoor furnace!
Pages: 1 [2]