Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Cleaning out bypass chimney  (Read 3070 times)

lasor1

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster ss
  • OWF Model: Heatmaster mf 5000
    • View Profile
Cleaning out bypass chimney
« on: October 20, 2012, 07:16:35 AM »

Hello I was wondering how people clean ther bypass out going too the chimeny it's egged shaped and was wanting to know how you guys clean them out for future reference thx! Also has anyone used like a creosote log or creosote break down stick in there furnace to help keep creosote down. I don't have much now but would like to keep furnace clean as possible. I wish I had one of these yrs ago so nice to save money on heating bills lol!

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
Re: Cleaning out bypass chimney
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 08:13:06 AM »

Do not do not use a creosote log.... There is some powers that can be used such as pro former but not this off the shelf stuff.

Cleaning the stove?  One morning when she's burned down really low, stuff her with cardboard, light it, open ash pan door and let her eat!  That will clean her out all the way out the top lol.
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

lasor1

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster ss
  • OWF Model: Heatmaster mf 5000
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 10:54:18 AM »

Cool thx! I didn't know if the logs worked or not I have used in past on my I door stove and they seem to get it off the walls fairly easy. I will try cardboard thing when it starts getting a little on it.  The walls and stuff . I didn't know what kind of ways people were cleaning g there's I figured I get some ideals thx for Info this is a great site with lots of Info and ideals!

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 10:56:31 AM »

Lots of those creosote longs are nothing but salt, salt and steel don't do well together. 
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697