Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Dripping from doors  (Read 2679 times)

Tree_Killer

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: MF5000SS
    • View Profile
Dripping from doors
« on: November 29, 2012, 09:39:59 PM »

I have some kind of moisture dripping from the firebox door. It is also going into the ash tray, and dripping from there.  I have attributed it to burning green pine and spruce (only wood I had due to short notice).  I wasn't overly concerned, but now I noticed it is eating away the concrete.

Any thoughts on what this may be?

I've tried messing with temp setting (currently running 180 with a 10 swing).  But nothing seems to completely stop it...though I feel it is slightly better then when I had it at lower temps.

Oh, another thought on this.  The inside metal of my door has a blow out (was that way when I bought house). The previous owner said it isnt a big deal. But I was wondering if that hole in the metal is causing condensation.  Ill post pic or the hole tomorrow
Climb High Tree Service
Lebanon PA

Certified Arborist

"Kiss My Axe"

duke

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: MF5000
    • View Profile
Re: Dripping from doors
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 09:46:49 AM »

Mine does same thing, I have a spot under door on concrete as well, it hasnt got cold enough yet here in SEMO to keep it burned off.
06 Duramax
08 Polaris Ranger XP
MS 310
28 ton Swisher

Boydz

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 10,000E
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 01:32:17 PM »

Mine is the same way also - Im burning greener wood as thats all I have and with these warmer temps its dripping. I have the unit angled back about 1/2" from level and this has helped ALOT. I also have the Tstat set at 185 with a 15-20deg swing depending on what im burning.
Have fun :)
HeatMaster 10,000E

lasor1

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster ss
  • OWF Model: Heatmaster mf 5000
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 07:20:36 AM »

Mine does same thing on the mf 5000 I have mine set at 175 with 10 degree swing and it does well now. I notice if you put wood towards the back of Furnace away from door. You will get less  to almost none dripping out of doors.  I put a pan under mine and I was emptying it out almost ever day and since I moved wood back and I hardly empty the pan at all now. It is like its almost gone. And I am having mild weather here in 20s at night and around 60s though the day.