Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Rear Draft Setting  (Read 10407 times)

Boydz

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 10,000E
    • View Profile
Re: Rear Draft Setting
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2013, 08:32:47 AM »

Nice looking pile of wood !!
Your son is earning his stripes :) Always great to have good helpers.

Thanks for posting the pics. Looks like something Id like to see if I could get my hands on. I'm thinking it will make a difference becasue when i am loading with the door open and its getting extra 02 in the top area I can a partial secondary burn taking place which looks pretty cool. I have noticed that when I shut the door this stops once if I open the door back up again it takes off and reignites the fumes after a few seconds if the wind is blowing in there. I think that heated air would probably do much better.
Did that come with an instruction sheet ? How did you go about getting one ? I may shut down on a warm day and pop this in since its not looking like it would be to terribly difficult.

Maybe I could just email them and they would ship me one ? Im still waiting on my water sample report however :D
HeatMaster 10,000E

kybaseball

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: MF10000E
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2013, 04:44:44 PM »

I called and they shipped it out right away. I was told that your dealer will install it and charge back to heatmaster that way it is done right.

mcarter

• OWF Brand: HeatMasterSS
  • OWF Model: MF5000e
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2013, 02:34:01 PM »

kybaseball,

Has this been installed?  I would like to know your experience with it.

Michael
HeatMasterSS MF5000E by Yoder Heating
MS 460 Stihl Magnum
Husqvarna 345
8lb Wood Splitter with 'High Performance' Fiberglass Handle
5 acres

Scott7m

• OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2013, 02:37:51 PM »

kybaseball,

Has this been installed?  I would like to know your experience with it.

Michael

Hey, I think they only make these for the 10,000E.  I called to get something made for the 5000e's but all I ever received was the plug kits that blocks the top draft.  I put those on and took the original duct off the back and reinstalled a flexible aluminum duct, it did away with the elbow and seems to work well.

Are you still running your top draft open? 

A buddy of mine had one burn up because of running it open
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

mcarter

• OWF Brand: HeatMasterSS
  • OWF Model: MF5000e
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2013, 02:55:52 PM »

Scott7m,

I operate mine with the primary draft wide open and the secondary draft fully closed to prevent creosote collecting in the primary duct.  The original duct has been replaced a couple times.  I miss the secondary draft, I think it helps reduce recovery time and hotter fires.  You fellows let me know if they design a replacement assembly for the 5000e, I would really like to get the secondary draft back online if possible.

Thanks,

Michael
HeatMasterSS MF5000E by Yoder Heating
MS 460 Stihl Magnum
Husqvarna 345
8lb Wood Splitter with 'High Performance' Fiberglass Handle
5 acres

Scott7m

• OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2013, 03:14:30 PM »

Yea, I have no idea why they can't make the same thing for the 5000E, maybe they have, but I've not seen it.

I ran mine as normal last year with the top open as well, never had any issues but did replace the duct a couple times to not let creosote build up much in it
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

Boydz

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 10,000E
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2013, 10:35:02 AM »

Called this morning and Spoke with Wally. He stated that only a certain serial # run of the 10,000e units were elidgable for this and that the dealer has to order it direct - Free of charge. I was pretty sure mine was a candidate since it has the plug on the back where the original design brought in cold air.
This does mount inside the box and would apear to me to just redirect some airflow to the top from underneath. I like this approach as it would make sense to me to preheat the air to promote better secondary burn.

Time will tell. He's shipping one to my dealer.

I think this will really help in some way as its pretty neat to watch a partial burn of the gasses when Im loading at night with the door open. In know this goes away when I close the door as i can see the smoke increase and it reignites when I open the door again. Sometimes it even burns all the way up in the first enclosed bypass if the wind is blowing the right way.

[attachment deleted by admin]
HeatMaster 10,000E
Pages: 1 [2]