Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Good Site. New Guy C.B. 5036 2nd year  (Read 5804 times)

cooch

Good Site. New Guy C.B. 5036 2nd year
« on: January 02, 2010, 09:48:46 PM »

So Far I have had good luck with central boiler 5036. My house is warm, my propane bill is very low. The decision to buy a boiler was three years( enough to pay for the boiler). 3000 per year propane is 4000 a year wages I don't have to make before taxes. Approx. 10K invested including install. I am heating with free wood from friends and neighbors who want to get rid of dead trees. Due to NH regulations I have a 16' stack, looks funny but has a great draft with no blower. I am getting a 24 hour burn time. Fill the unit once a night (To keep smoke down for a clean burn by morning).  Happy New Year.

bruey

• View Profile
Re: Good Site. New Guy C.B. 5036 2nd year
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 09:39:16 PM »

welcome, glad you came onboard, lots of interesting stuff here
Newrichmond, Ohio

woodywoodchucker

• OWF Brand: cental boiler
  • OWF Model: classic 5036
  • what do I look like, an idiot?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 08:08:28 AM »

Welcome to the site. how many square feet are you heating?

woodywoodchucker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 09:46:15 AM »

Im heating 2700 sf new construction and I fuel the boiler 3 time a day in zero weather.I got mostly green wood so that doesnt  help.I did just put 60 sheets of dry wall in and I still need 100 more to complete the house, then I can start with the siding.Im sure all the drywall and siding will help.

woodywoodchucker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 07:14:28 AM »

Im running radiant in the basement and first floor of the house,Its a cape with the front cathredral ceilings.18 feet tall in the slopes,9 ft on the flat ceilings.The 44 x 28 is the footprint.On the second floor Im using baseboard,which isnt hooked up yet cuz I just get the sheetrock up in that area.Should be done installing the baseboard next week, after this cold snap,lol.

woodywoodchucker

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 04:17:34 PM »

I got something going all the time.Just got the baseboard heat upstairs hooked up today.More sheetrock over the next few weeks, and then its time for mud and paint. Should be spring at that time. Time for siding then.I have got a line on some wood that was cut in august and I just cut it about 30''and didnt split any of it.I have some that is 12'' and most is 10'' and smaller.Bigger is better in this case as with most things,lol.What a diference.At below 10 degs. I got some 12 and 14 hour burns out of Woody.Very pleased with that performance of the boiler at this point.